Choose a major:
- Research occupations in the Transfer Center
- Take PSCN 10: Career and Educational Planning class
- Meet with a counselor
- Attend Transfer Basics workshops in the Transfer Center
Decide on a university:
- Research university catalogs and websites in the Transfer Center
- Meet with university reps that visit Chabot College
- Attend University Transfer Day and University Transfer Night University fairs
- Visit university campuses and speak to students & professors
Read university catalogs to find out entrance, major and graduation
requirements. You can also obtain the articulation agreement for the CSU/UC
major through www.assist.org. A Chabot counselor can assist you in planning your
classes for private or out-of-state universities.
Find out more about transfer preparation:
- Take PSCN 18: Transfer Planning class
- Go to transfer related workshops in the Transfer Center
- Join a Transfer Learning Community like Puente, Daraja, and PACE. The
Transfer Center has more information about these programs.
Meet with a counselor for a Student Education Plan to make sure that you are
taking the right classes and plan future semesters.
Prepare for a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) by completing 30 transferable units
before the Fall semester one year prior to transferring. Transfer Admission
Guarantees guarantee your admissions to a 4 year university (optional).
Financial Aid priority filing date is March 2nd. Be sure you have renewed or
filed the FAFSA starting on January 1st to take advantage of all the available
grants, scholarships and loans.
Make yourself a competitive applicant:
- A High GPA: study hard!
- Work experience or internships: Research internship opportunities in the
Transfer Center or the Employment & Career Services Center, Room 2325, Bldg
- Community Service: Check out the Student Life bulletin board upstairs in Bldg.
- Leadership experience: Join a club or run for student government.
SECOND YEAR COLLEGE STUDENT
One year before you plan on transferring:
Complete an application for the
universities of your choice. Apply to multiple schools to ensure that you will
be admitted to a four-year university. Some universities offer On-site
Admissions at Chabot College; see the Transfer Center for more information.
Write a personal statement (UC and private schools, if required). The Transfer
Center has sample essays and a list of faculty who can assist you. We also offer
Writing your Personal Statement workshops in the Fall.
Apply for a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) by seeing a counselor in the Fall
Reapply for Financial Aid by March 2nd:
Be sure to have your FAFSA sent to
your transfer universities and contact their Financial Aid Office for any
additional applications and deadlines.
Complete 60 transferable units. UC/CSU requires 60 transferable units.
Send Transcripts to your transfer university when they request them.
Wait for acceptance letters and send in your Statement of Intent to Register
when you have decided which university you would like to attend.
Inquire about housing information.
Obtain CSU GE or CSU/UC IGETC certification through Admissions and Records (if
Petition for your AA/AS Degree (if applicable) through Admissions and Records.
Graduate and transfer to your university!
The Chabot College Transfer Center wishes you success at your new university!