Career Counseling Services
Career counseling provides the student with an opportunity for clarification and integration of career and educational goals, study of careers and lifestyles, vocational and career testing, and presentation of resource speakers. Counselors also provide courses and one-to-one career counseling.
- Provide tools and resources that will help students identify their skills and determine a major and a career.
- Provide students with an assessment of skills, abilities, interests, work values, and personality style.
- Provide information on current and future employment trends.
- Help students develop effective models for making career decisions and setting goals.
- Provide instruction in job search techniques.
- Teach classes that emphasize career exploration and college success.
- Administer career inventories and discuss the results with the student in order to identify their skills, qualities, abilities, talents, needs, and values.
- Discuss the importance of networking and informational interviews.
- Assist with selecting an occupation that fits students' unique life-style.
- Help students explore career options and paths
to Counseling Home Page