How to Register for ESL Classes
Before you register, be sure to get a copy of the current Chabot College
Class Schedule. The Schedule is available in the main lobby of Building
700 and in the College Bookstore (Building 3800). It is also available
If you are a continuing student (this means that you have been
enrolled at Chabot College during the previous semester):
- Check your registration mailer for your priority registration date and
- If you did not receive your mailer, check
- Your priority number is determined by the number of units you have
If you are an international student planning to attend on the F-1 Student
Visa, please contact the
International Students Program.
If you are a new student (you have never attended Chabot) or a
former student (you were not enrolled during the last semester), follow
STEP 1: APPLY
STEP 2: FINANCIAL AID
- Inquire about Financial Aid if you are interested (Building
STEP 3: TRANSCRIPTS
- If you have taken college coursework at another school, check to see if
you need to submit transcripts from high school and/or other colleges.
STEP 4: ASSESSMENT AND ORIENTATION
STEP 5: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Register online at
Class Web (see Schedule of Classes for instructions).
STEP 6: PAY FEES
- Check your Schedule of Classes for how to calculate student fees ($46/unit
for California residents and $243/unit for non-residents.)
- Additional fees may apply. Check Schedule of Classes for explanation of
student fees and tuition.
STEP 7: STUDENT IDENTIFICATION CARD
- Get your picture taken for your Student ID Card in the
Center Building 700 - first floor in Student Online Services.
STEP 8: TEXTBOOKS & PARKING PERMIT
- Buy or order your textbooks at the
in Building 3800.
- Buy your parking permit through CLASSWEB. Click
for information about parking at Chabot College.