Below you will find
courses that meet all GE, AA, AA-T and transfer requirements. We also offer
many transferable electives.
- English AA-T Degree
- English AA Degree (link coming soon)
- Creative Writing Certificate (link coming soon)
courses designed for certificate, AA degrees, and transfer
- Electives in literature and creative writing that meet GE and transfer
We are also the proud home of two learning communities which have received
Before enrolling in any English classes, students are strongly encouraged to
take the English
test. Those students who assess into Basic Skills have two options.
English 101A & 101B is a two semester program that prepares
students for success in reading and writing at the college level.
English 102 is a faster-paced, one-semester alternative recommended for
students who are able to write clear, effective sentences and are prepared to
take on challenging reading and writing tasks sooner.
The Language Arts Division also provides writing and reading
support through the WRAC Center (Writing, Reading
Across the Curriculum), which
- a drop-in tutorial center
- 2 computer labs
- instructors and instructional staff to help you with your reading and
English Department Administration