What Projects have Chabot Students Completed through Service-Learning?
A Sampling Includes:
- Helped to develop a thriving community garden for formerly homeless
families at the Alameda Point Collaborative
- Led sports and recreation activities after school hours at the San
Leandro Boys' and Girls' Club
- Helped with math homework and organized math games at Anthony Ochoa
- Edited and translated newsletter articles for Critical Resistance, and
organization that works for prison justice
- Worked on ecological restoration projects for Garin Creek Park
- Created an art and poetry newsletter for fourth and fifth grade girls at
- Taught kindergarteners to count in Spanish at Burbank School
- Led a student voter drive at Chabot
...And Many More!