Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS


Concurrent Enrollment Program

Frequently Asked Questions

1.      What is the High School Concurrent Enrollment Program?

Chabot College provides opportunities for minor students to enroll in college-level, degree-applicable courses for advanced scholastic or advanced vocational purposes. Students who desire to participate in concurrent enrollment must be recommended by their principal or designee. Concurrently enrolled students will be permitted to enroll in no more than six units per semester or two classes. The students will be treated as regular college students and are expected to comply with all college rules and regulations. At the completion of the course, the student receives college credit. They must arrange for their own transportation to and from the college and provide their own books and equipment.

2.      What are the requirements to participate in the Concurrent Enrollment  High School Program?

  • Limit enrollment to advanced scholastic courses. Enrollment in Physical Education (P.E.) and basic skills courses (e.g. ENGL 100 level; MATH 100 level, all ESL courses) are not be allowed.
  • Be pre-approved by the school principal and counselor to pursue specific courses. (Pursuant to CA Ed Code sections 48800, 48800.5, and 488802)
  • Have written parental approval.

3.      How many classes can I enroll in?

  • Concurrently enrolled school students are permitted to enroll in a maximum of six (6) units or 2 courses per semester.

4.      Will I get high school credit for the classes I take at Chabot College?

Concurrent enrollment students earn college credit for all courses completed at Chabot. Please consult high school counselor for more information.

5.      How much does it cost to enroll in the Concurrent Enrollment Program?

Enrollment fees are waived for students in the concurrent enrollment program. A $3.00 optional mailing fee is assessed to all concurrent enrollment students in order to provide grade reports at the end of the term. The $15.00 Health Service Fee for the summer session and $17.00 Health Services Fee for the spring and fall semester are mandatory. PLEASE NOTE: International and out-of-state students will be assessed tuition of $243.00 per unit.

6.      What is the process for enrolling in the Concurrent Enrollment Program?

    1. Complete Chabot College Application for Admissions online.
    2. Complete Recommendation for Concurrent Enrollment form and obtain all required signatures.
    3. Complete Release of Personal Information/Emergency form.
    4. Submit current High School transcript.
      • Home school students should submit a copy of their R4 affidavits. (CA Ed Code, section 33190)
    5. Submit required forms together by deadline in-person or mail to:
                 Chabot College
                 ATTN: Concurrent Enrollment
                 Office of Admissions and Records, Bldg. 700
                 25555 Hesperian Blvd.
                 Hayward, CA 94545
    6. You will be notified by email or postal mail of your approved recommendation and be given a date when you can register online using CLASS-Web.
Term Deadline to submit all required documents* Registration online via CLASS-Web Starts
Summer 2014 Semester 
May 23, 2014 June 9, 2014
Fall 2014 Semester July 18, 2014 August 4, 2014

**No Exception if these dates have passed**

7.  I am already enrolled this semester and I am interested in taking classes the next semester.  Do I need to complete the concurrent enrollment forms out again? 

Yes, you need to submit all required forms each semester of attendance. (Application, Recommendation Form, current high school transcript, and Release of Personal Information)

8.  How can I register for classes?

After you are notified by the Office of Admissions and Records that your recommendation have been approved, you can use our online registration system - CLASS-Web (please see Help Zone page for instruction). Students will be dropped from courses not listed on their approved recommendation. 

9.  I am graduating from high school and am a concurrently enrolled student at Chabot, do I need to reapply?

Yes, you will need to apply like a regular college student.  If you have a hold on your record for concurrent enrollment, you would need to present proof of graduation.

10. How can I obtain a Chabot College transcript to submit to my high school?

Please refer to the Transcript request page for more information. However, your high school will be mailed confirmation transcript for your educational status when grades are available.

11. How can I check my Concurrent Enrollment admission status?

Once your admissions packet has been reviewed, you will be a notification by email or mail with instructions how to register online. If you have submitted your admissions packet after the start of the registration date, you need to allow 3-5 working days for processing.

12. What is my student W # and PIN?

The CLASS-Web User ID corresponds to your student ID number. You may use your Social Security Number if you provided it at the time of application, or your W ID number. Your CLASS-Web User ID should be entered as all nine digits, with no dashes or spaces.

The PIN is a 6-digit numeric code. It is initially set to your birthdate in the format MMDDYY (i.e. 050772 for May 7, 1972). We encourage you to change your PIN immediately. Be sure to enter the leading zero (if any is needed): for example, the month of May would be entered '05'.

13. When can I register for my classes?

Please refer to the academic calendar for registration dates. Spaces in classes are limited. You should begin process for concurrent enrollment at lease one month before the start of the term to allow time for application processing, Director's approval, assessment, and course registration. If you submit all your documents after the start of the registration period, it will take at least 3-5 working days for processing. You cannot register the same day. Your information has to be entered into our student information system and your admission packet will be reviewed by Director of Admissions & Records for approval.

14. I have submitted a recommendation and it has been approved, but I want to take another course. What can I do?

Concurrent Enrollment students are allowed to take up to 6 units or 2 classes per semester. If you decide to take a course different from your approved recommendation form, you need to obtain a new recommendation form with the course you want to take and obtain your designee or principal's signatures. You do not need to complete another application.

15. How can I check my English and/or Math assessment scores?

Log on the CLASS-Web. Click on the link Student Services & Financial Aid. Then click on Student Records. Finally, click on View Test Score/Assessment Results.

16. Can I use my high school credit for a prerequisite to a course at Chabot College?

Credits earned in high school cannot be transferred to Chabot College. If you have taken the AP placement test, bring the scores with you to the Counseling department to determine if the scores satisfy the equivalent course pre-requisite.

17. When is the deadline for apply for the Concurrent Enrollment Program?

Term Deadline to submit all required documents* Registration online via CLASS-Web Starts
Summer Semester 2014 May 23, 2014 June 9, 2014
Fall Semester 2014 July 18, 2014 August 4, 2014

**No Exception if these dates have passed**

18. I'm trying to register for a class but I received a CLOSED SECTION or NEED AUTHORIZATION # message. What can I do?

When you receive a CLOSED SECTION message that means that the course is full. You would need to go on the first day of instruction for that course and ask the instructor if you can add. If the instructor grants your request, you will be given an ADD AUTHORIZATION #. When you receive the ADD AUTHORIZATION #, you must register on CLASS-Web immediately. Please refer to the academic calendar for deadline.

bookstore Bookstore Blackboard Blackboard
Access your
class website
Class Web
Search and register
for classes online
library Library student email Student
The Zone Student
Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 9/10/2014