What We Do
- Participate in college/district governance structures.
- Coordinate with the classified union, SEIU Local 1021, in the selection
of representatives to serve on college/district governance committees.
- Participate in institutional planning.
- Participate in budget planning and development.
- Review regulations and procedures relating to physical safety
and make recommendations.
- Participate in selection and evaluation of administrators.
- Recommend staff development activities.
- Enhance student/classified and faculty/classified relations.
- Participate in other areas deemed to impact classified staff
as determined by the Board of Trustees or their designee in consultation.
in academic and professional matters.
Governing Council 2016-2017
- President: Noell Adams, Admissions & Records 723-7055
- Vice President: Katrin Field, Assessment 723-6722
- Secretary: Craig Shira, Print Shop 723-6754
- Treasurer: Debra Kling, Language Arts 723-6804
- Past President/Advisor: Gordon Watt, Chabot Computer
- Rozen Bondoc, Veterans 723-6910
- Kim Bononcini, Math & Sciences 723-6898
- Philomena Franco, Financial Aid 723-7108
- Christine Herrera, President's Office 723-6641
- Steve Lowery, Campus Safety 723-7417
- Karen Metcalf, Counseling 723-6770
- Nate Moore, Campus Safety 723-7541
- Yvette Nahinu, Special Programs 723-6917
- Cheryl Sannebeck, Social Sciences 723-6670
- Rachael Tupper-Eoff, Learning Connection 723-7246
- Gordon Watt, Computer Support 723-7116
- Chasity Whiteside, Administrative Services 723-6994
- Lisa Carlsen, Learning Skills 723-7425
- Catherine Gentiluomo, Nursing 723-6896
- Heather Hernandez, Library 723-6763
- Catherine Powell, School of The Arts 723-6829
- Steve Stevenson, Bookstore 723-2646
- Yvonne Vanni, Dental Hygene 723-7184
- Christie Verarde, Early Childhood Mentor Program 723-6624
- Angela Villasana, Academic Services 723-6630
- Susan Sperling, Chabot College President
- Karen Metcalf, Site VP, SEIU Local 1021
2016-2017 Meeting Dates
- Most Classified Senate meetings are scheduled on Fridays, 12:00 PM - 2:00
- All meetings are in the Board Room in building 200 unless otherwise noted.
- July 21 (Thursday)
- July 28 (Thursday, GOVERNING COUNCIL RETREAT,
- August 19
- September 23
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
- January 20
- February 24
- March 24
- April 21
- May 19
- June 22 (Thursday)