About Us! First Year
The First Year Experience
Program focuses on student success in the form of various different
"pathways" based upon student interests and academic goals. Students
select a pathway based upon their academic interests and are given a
class schedule each semester for their first year at Chabot College.
Each class schedule provides core math and English sections along
with one or two additional courses geared towards the theme of each
pathway. By joining an FYE pathway you are provided core courses that
are typically difficult to add into as a new student, and support
from various staff members across the Chabot College campus.
Joining FYE provides students the following benefits:
1) Guaranteed spot in high demand classes for fall and spring semester.
2) Specialized attention from FYE Pathway faculty and counselors.
3) Connection with a cohort of students with similar interests and goals.
4) Opportunity to explore your academic and career interests.
5) Faster pathway to transfer!
Take a moment to
review the pathway options listed below!
STEM : Science, Technology, Engineering, &
Business : Health Care, Retail and Small Business Management, Accounting,
Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Human Resources
Psychology, Sociology, Ethnic Studies, Liberal Arts
: Criminal Justice and Legal Professions
Health and Community Wellness
: Health Science, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Dental Hygienist, Medical
: Still Deciding and Liberal Arts
: Photography, Painting, Drawing/ Illustration, Ceramics, and
How to Join
- Click flyer to fill out & print application.
- Type your contact information and select a pathway.
- Print page one of the application.
- Take your application to the front of General Counseling,
building 700, and place in 'FYE Application' box.
- Please note: Space is limited to the first students who apply based on available space in each Pathway. Some Pathways may have additional eligibility requirements.
Email FYE staff at
email@example.com for any questions.
Fall 2016 Pathway Schedule Blocks
Select your pathway and register for the following reserved courses:
Add the Math Course at the Level You Assessed Into
Key transfer courses are reserved for you in Fall 2016!
We're here to help you succeed!
For more information, email FYE staff at