Facilities Use and Rental
Guidelines for renting facilities at Chabot College
Schedule and Priorities
- PLEASE NOTE: Facility Rental is dependent upon the availability of the facilities as well as the
availability of Chabot College personnel to support the event.
- Request forms for Chabot College Facilities Rentals should be submitted four to six weeks before the event
to allow sufficient time to consider the request, reserve the facilities, prepare the billing detail, and allow
the client sufficient time to process payment. A request form may be denied if it is not submitted sufficiently
before the event.
- First priority for facilities is given to Chabot College's educational program, College events, and Chabot College's
Community Education program. Therefore, rental requests for future semesters cannot be considered until that semester's
Class Schedule has been finalized. Requesters will be notified if there is a delay in processing their request form due
to Class Scheduling.
- Spring Requests: Requests for the time period of January 19 - May 30 will not be processed before the
second week of November.
- Summer Requests: Requests for the time period of June 1 - August 16 will not be processed before the
first week of May.
- Fall Requests: Requests for the time period of August 17 - December 31 will not be processed before the
first week of May.
- After Chabot College's educational programs and College events, program priority will be given to:
- Student clubs and organizations
- Fundraising entertainment or meetings where admission fees charged or contributions solicited are
expended for the
welfare of the students of the District
- Parent-teachers' associations
- School-community advisory councils
- Chabot College reserves the right to cancel facilities reservations for Chabot College instructional needs.
- Cancellation by the client requires a notice of 10 business days prior to the event. Refunds and/or credits will
not be given if event is cancelled less than 10 business days before the event.
- Clients will be denied future facility use on grounds including, but not limited to, abuse or misuse of district
property, failure to pay promptly for any damage to district property and/or failure to
promptly pay for facility rental.
- Student clubs that wish to change room locations
will automatically forfeit/ cancel the initial request
and must wait up to 10 business days for the new request
to be processed.
- Clients will be provided with the cost of facilities during the reservation process.
- Fees will be charged for facility rental.
- Fees will be charged for equipment usage, when applicable
- Fees may also be charged for event oversight, campus safety officers, janitorial services, IT Support,
maintenance, and/or repair.
- Clients will receive an invoice once the rental has been confirmed.
- Payments for all rentals are due upon receipt of invoice (unless other arrangements are made with the
Administrative Services Office) or the event will be cancelled.
- Accepted methods of payment are cash, check, or cashier's check (No Credit Cards).
- Facilities must be vacated by the end time indicated on the Request Form or additional fees will apply.
- Chabot College requires the client to furnish a Certificate of Liability (COL) from the applicant in the amount
of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00).
- No alcoholic beverages, intoxicants, controlled substances, or tobacco in any form shall be brought onto the property
of the College. Persons under the influence of alcohol, intoxicants, or controlled substances shall be denied participation
in any activity.
- To ensure quality and a successful event and to reduce potential technical issues, if equipment (such as microphones,
sound boards, monitors, etc.) will be used during the client's event, clients may be required to rent Chabot equipment
unless prior approval for external usage has been given.
- No structures, electrical modifications, facility modifications, or mechanical apparatus may be erected or installed on
District property without specific written approval by the Director of Maintenance & Operations.
- Parking is strictly enforced. Clients are required to have a parking permit for each vehicle on campus with the
exception of Sundays. One-day parking permits are available for $2.00 at the kiosks located in the parking lots.
- Disabled Parking stalls are enforced 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. No exceptions.
- Clients will not be allowed to park vehicles, trailers, or containers overnight per Chabot-Las Positas
Community College District policy.
- Campus Safety receives notification of all rentals and may be responsible for unlocking facilities.
- Clients must contact Campus Safety upon arrival and
departure to allow Campus Safety to secure the
facility. Campus Safety can be reached at (510) 723-6923 or in Building 200.
- Chabot College has exclusive contracts for food service/catering and pouring rights:
- Food Service/Catering: Catering for
Chabot College rentals must be offered to Pacific
Dining - Food Service Management. Richard McMahon, Catering Manager may be reached at
email@example.com or (408) 406-8487
- All food and beverage vendors must comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, including
without limitation, the laws of the State of California, County of Alameda, and the City of Hayward relating to
the storage, handling, preparation, and service of food/beverages
- Tickets may not be sold at the door unless an admission fee was approved in advance.
- Concession stands may not be used unless approved in advance and the appropriate documentation is on file
according to applicable State/County/City Laws as well as District and/or Campus Policy.
- The consumption, serving, and/or selling of alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
- Food and drink are Not Allowed in the athletic facility. Only water may be brought into the activity areas
- Food must be consumed Outside of the facility.
- Containers of ice may not be placed in any of the activity areas.
- Only Athletic Shoes may be worn on activity floors. Street shoes are not permitted
- The use of decals, stickers, glitter, wax, paint, etc., is prohibited.
- Bleachers, Basketball Backdrops, Volleyball Nets, and other standard equipment will be set up and taken down by
- Bleachers must not be pulled on or moved by the user. CLPCCD staff will be responsible for setting up the bleachers.
- All exit doors must be operable and no part of any hallway, corridor or exit may be used in a way that obstructs its
use as an exit.
- The capacity of the rooms must be observed. Overcrowding is forbidden and will result in cancellation of an event.
- Children observing the event must have adult supervision at all times. Running in the halls and being in areas or around
equipment not pertaining to the event is not permitted.
CLPCCD Board Policy and Administrative Procedure
To rent Chabot College Facilities, please complete