Syllabus for Fitness 2008 in the Chabot Fitness Center
Monday - Thursday: 5am - 1:30 pm & 4 -
Returning Students to the Fitness Center register for CRN – 33307
New Students to the Chabot Fitness Center Must Sign Up for (and Attend) One of an orientation.
Orientations are held on Mondays and Thursdays at 9:15 am or Monday Thru Thursday at 5:15 PM.
New students sign up for 33125 and then attend an orientation.
PLAN AHEAD & DO NOT SHOW UP LATE FOR ORIENTATION - YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE ORIENTATION ONCE IT HAS STARTED!
Remember you must come ready: dressed to workout, student id card, heart
monitor strap and small towel. Orientations take
approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
New Students register for one of the following orientations:
Spring Orientations are held Monday & Thursdays at 9:10 AM or Monday thru Thursday at 5:10 PM.
The Chabot College Fitness 2007 program is designed for people who are interested in getting the greatest benefit they can in a limited amount of time. The Chabot College Fitness 2006 program delivers a total body workout in a quick and efficient manner. This structured training program provides flexible scheduling to meet your restrictive time demands.
1) Each circuit contains 24 stations: 12 Cybex Machines and
a) You have 30 seconds of work at each station and 15 seconds to rotate and setup for the next station.
b) With a 5 minute warm-up and cool down one circuit takes 25 minutes.
The completion of One Circuit is required at each visit. After that you can do more.
2) The use of the Heart Rate Monitors are Mandatory at
a) Heart rate monitors straps can be purchased at the Chabot Bookstore
3) This is a Credit/No Credit Class
a) This class applies towards a degree at Chabot College
b) To receive Credit you must attend a minimum of 40 times (visits) during the Spring Session. You can earn Extra credit through the use of blackboard.
4) Withdrawals from Class
a) It is the Student's Responsibility to Withdraw from Class
b) If you fail to scan in, and Do Not Stay, or if you scan in for someone other than yourself you will be suspended for 2 two days after due process of the situation.
5) You must have a Chabot Student ID at Each Visit
a) This is our way of identifying who you are if something were to happen
6) Do Not Bring Valuables into the Fitness Center.
7) Once you are enrolled in Fitness 2007 go to: clpccd.blackboard.com (no www in the address and login.
In order to Workout you must do the following:
1) Be enrolled, have a Chabot Student ID Card, a Heart Monitor Strap, a small Towel and be Dressed Appropriately.
2) Wear a Heart Rate Monitor
3) Have a small towel and use it to wipe off the seat and back rests of the Cybex machines.
4) Wear Appropriate Clothing
a) No Tank tops or sleeveless shirts or half shirts
b) No jeans or pants with zipped pockets.
c) Students cannot share a towel; use a paper towel or a t shirt as a towel.
d) No boots or sandals.
5) 5 min Warm Up and/or Cool Down on the
bike, or by walking around the pool area,
Before and After Each Circuit.
a) Get your heart rate in the low end of your target zone prior to starting a circuit.
6) Once you have completed a Circuit
you have freedom to use the other Cybex machines in the body part area or use
the cardio equipment.
a) Regardless of what repetition you are on you must leave the machine when your 30 seconds are up.
b) No skipping around the circuit. It will cause a backup. You must go in order.
7) No Guests, or children, are allowed in the Chabot Fitness Center
8) only water is allowed in the Fitness Center. No other food or drinks. No talking on cell phones in the Fitness Center.
9) If you cannot comply with these rules you will be asked to leave.
10) There is a 20 minute time limit on using the treadmills and/or stair steppers.