This course focuses on desktop and laptop computers. It also discusses mobile electronic devices, such as tablets and smart phones.
In this course, you will gain the specialized technical skills needed to install, maintain, secure, and repair computers. Earning an industry-standard certification provides confidence and increases your opportunities in IT.
This course is focused on the following two industry-standard certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- European Certification of Informatics Professional (EUCIP) IT Administrator Certification (Modules 1 and 2)
This course is only an introduction into the world of IT. A technician can continue to study and earn the following certifications:
- CCNA - Cisco Certified Networking Associate
- CCNP - Cisco Certified Networking Professional
- CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Network+ - CompTIA Network Certification
- Linux+ - CompTIA Linux Certification
You can use IT certifications as credits for some university and college degrees in areas such as computer science and telecommunications.