To synchronize data on an iOS device, iTunes software must be installed, as shown in the figure. iTunes is a media player application that downloads, plays, and organizes content for use with iOS devices and computers. iTunes also manages iOS devices by activating them with Apple and restoring them when there is a malfunction. iTunes is also used to upgrade the iOS. These are the application installation software requirements for Windows:
- PC with a 1 GHz Intel or AMD processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, or 32-bit editions of Windows 7
- 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
Requirements change with different versions, and there are additional requirements for special audio and video capabilities. For more information, refer to the Apple website.
No application is necessary to synchronize content for Android devices. Automatic synchronization for various types of data and content with Google is accessed by selecting Settings > Personal > Accounts & sync.
Use Motocast USB to synchronize data and content when using a Motorola device with the Android OS. These are the application installation software requirements for Windows:
- PC with a 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon XP 2600+ or faster single-core processor or a PC with a 1.8 GHz Core Duo, Pentium dual-core or multi-core Athlon/Phenom or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Additional hardware specifications for special audio and video capabilities may be required. For more information, refer to the Motorola website.