Links and Numbers
- Information about Cal Grants/Web grants for students that have been
awarded Cal Grants.
California Chafee Grant
California Cash For College
- Learn more about the "Cash For College" financial aid workshops that are
taking place throughout the state.
Department of Education
- Assists you in applying for grants or contracts and how to manage a
grant. Also provides other information on funding your education.
Direct Loan Information
- Students can sign in using their FAFSA PIN and view all Direct Loan
Information, learn about Repayment as well as explore tools and resources.
FAFSA on the Web
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA opens the door to the
federal aid process. Every step you can take gets you closer to achieving
your education goals.
- Find money for college! Search 600,000 scholarships worth over $1
Get expert tips on financial aid, careers and more!
- Find your dream school with personalized matching against over 4,000
Download applications for over 700 colleges.
Federal Student Aid (FSA) Programs
- The U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid (FSA) programs
are the largest source of student aid in America, providing nearly 70% of
all student financial aid.
- Help is available to make education beyond high school financially
possible for you or your child.
- Student guide to loans, scholarships, military aid, and other types of
financial assistance. Ask an Aid Advisor for personalized help.
I Can Afford College
IRS Hope & Lifetime Learning Credit
IRS Student Loan Interest Deduction
IRS Tax Information for Students
National Association of Financial Aid Administrators
- Supports financial aid professionals at colleges, universities, and
- NASFAA is the only national association with a primary focus on student
aid legislation, regulatory analysis, and professional development for
financial aid administrators.
FSA ID Request
- The PIN serves as your identifier to let you access your personal
information in various U.S. Department of Education systems.
- It is like the Personal Identification Number that you get from your
bank that enables you to access your account. Because your PIN serves as
your electronic signature, you should not give it to anyone.
- If you are a dependent student your parent will also need a PIN, to
serve as their signature.
Social Security Administration
- This website is intended to help students who need to obtain transcripts
from institutions that have been closed.
Student Support Services at Chabot College
- The ultimate goal of ASPIRE is to help students graduate and transfer to
a four year college or university. During individual advising sessions,
Counselors discuss majors of interest, college and university
identification, the application process, and financial aid and scholarship
assistance. Students will also have opportunities to visit local four year
colleges and universities and speak to representatives from various
- Students should visit the Assessment center to take
Math/English placement exams at Chabot College.
- The Daraja Program is a learning community designed to promote transfer
and to increase academic and personal success. This program, based at the
Chabot College Hayward, California campus, addresses students’ needs through
academic support services and a curriculum focused on African-American
literature, history, and issues facing the African-American community.
- EOPS provides access and educational opportunities for individuals
whose educational and socio-economic backgrounds might otherwise prevent
them from successfully attending and succeeding in college.
- The Office of Student Life plays an essential role in campus through
offering a multitude of campus events and activities for students. The
department collaborates with campus departments, programs, and organizations
to develop, plan, and implement college activities for a diverse student
- The Veteran's Services Office facilitates veteran benefits/information
to current and prospective student Veterans at Chabot College.
Some Chabot College Financial Aid Web Pages
may provide links to other Internet sites for the convenience of users.
Chabot College Financial Aid is not responsible for the availability or content
of these external sites, nor does Chabot College Financial Aid endorse, warrant,
or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at
these other Internet sites. Users cannot assume that the external sites will
responsibility of the user to examine the copyright and licensing restrictions
of linked pages and to secure all necessary permissions.