Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS


Financial Aid Forms

Please note: To access Financial Aid documents from this site, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader and a printer.  These are not PDF-fillable forms - do not try to convert to MSWord.  You must print and complete the old fashioned way. 

Check The Zone, under "Financial Aid Requirements" to ensure you are printing, completing and submitting the appropriate forms for the correct academic year.


Fall 2018
Spring 2019
Summer 2019


Dream Act Forms


Fall 2019
Spring 2020
Summer 2020

Dream Act Forms Coming Soon


Why we need your completed forms:

In order to qualify for federal or state financial aid each year, students complete the FAFSA or Dream Application, and submit to the Department of Education or California Student Aid Commission.  The school receives that application, and then it is our responsibility to verify, or confirm the accuracy of the information that you provided.  We call this "verification" or sometimes "processing".

In order to complete your financial aid file each year, you will need to supply all forms and documents that are requested (found on the Zone). Each must be completed, signed and dated, with appropriate documentation attached. No financial aid will be awarded or disbursed until your file with our office is complete.

Please bring all of your requested financial aid follow-up documents to the Chabot College Financial Aid Office during our office hours. We may request additional documents after our initial review.

After the review has been completed, if you are eligible for financial aid, you will receive an email directing you to the Zone, where you will see types and amounts of financial aid for which you are eligible. Please view your financial aid and award status on The Zone, rather than calling or visiting our office, to allow our staff more time to process and award other students' files.

URGENT TO READ:  Pell Grant Limits (LEU)

Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) Regulations limit the recipient of a Pell Grant to a lifetime of up to 6 full-time years (600%) which is equal to 12 full-time semesters at any community college, vocational school or four year bachelor program. Once you reach the 600% Pell LEU, you will no longer be eligible for any additional Pell grant. Log on to www.nslds.ed.gov using your FSA ID and view your LEU found on the Financial Aid Review page.

 What this means for you:  You must plan now for your future, especially if you plan to transfer to a four year college for a Bachelors degree.  The six year limit is a LIFETIME limit, regardless of completion of your academic goals or Bachelors degree. This regulation is in effect even if you have had an appeal approved for failure to meet academic progress, it supersedes any prior offer of aid/award, and the Department of Education allows for no appeal or exception. 

Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 5/7/2019