The Chabot College Student Health & Wellness Center, in affiliation with Valley Care
Health System, is your access to quality health care on campus. Most
services are included in your health fee, while other services are available
at low costs. All urgent problems are handled
Student Health Services does not file for any
medical insurance reimbursement.
Notice of Privacy Act is strictly enforced
Confidentiality is always our priority.
Medical information is confidential and will not be released without
patient's written consent, except as required by law.
General Medical Services
- Basic assessment, evaluation, treatment, and
prescriptions for minor/episodic illnesses and injuries
- Basic Physical Exams for transfer, Allied
Health, Nursing, employment requirements and well checks
- NO DMV physicals or clearances on
Sports Athletic Physicals.
- Low cost diagnostic lab test and screenings performed
at the health center for your convenience.
- Preventive health services (health promotional events, health fair,
- Collaborate with Emergency response on campus
- Over the counter medications, band-aids, ice pack, and condoms
Women's Health Services
- Well woman exams and pap smears
- Clinical Breast exams
- Pregnancy testing
- Contraceptive management (i.e. birth control pills and Emergency
- STI Screening and Treatment
- Referrals for family planning, women's specialists, etc.
Our massage therapy intern is available on an appointment-only status during
health events and De-Stress week to provide stress relieving low-cost
massages for students, faculty and staff
Referral services information is available for:
- Valley Care Health System, Pleasanton and Livermore
- Highland Hospital
- St. Rose Hospital
- Tri-City Health Center
- Local Specialty Physicians
- Women's Health Specialists
- Sausal Creek Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Oakland
- Other Local Primary Care Physicians and Mental Health Providers
Students Rights and Responsibilities
We want you to be an active participant regarding your health care.
You have the right to know and understand:
- Health services policies
- Names of persons providing services
- What medicine is recommended and its side effects and risks
- What tests are being recommended and why
- The prospects for resolution of your problem
- How the problem can be prevented in the future
- How to give your grievances and suggestions to the Health Center
Students also must assume responsibility for his or her own health care.
- Being honest about your past medical history and what you expect from
- Answering questions completely
- Making sure you understand directions
- Following the prescribed plan
- Reporting changes in your health or adverse effects of treatment
- Knowing your health care provider