Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum
Having trouble with your reading and writing assignments?
The WRAC Center is here for you!
All Chabot students enrolled in any class, not just English, are welcome to use any of our free support services and enjoy our friendly and comfortable environment.
- Free Peer Tutoring
- Faculty-Student Support
- Computer and Printing Access
- Resources for Reading and Writing
- Study Area for Small Groups and Individuals
Building 100, Room 108
Spring 2017 Hours
Monday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
No appointment necessary.
These are free 20-minute sessions offered during open office hours.
Both trained peer tutors and English/ESL instructors are available during open hours.
How it works
- Check in first at the Learning Connection front desk.
- Write your name on the WRAC Center white-board when you're ready to work with a tutor.
Tutors' schedules are posted at the WRAC Center.
Tutoring by Appointment
With an appointment, you get 50 minutes of 1-on-1 support!
- Request a one-time 50 minute session, or set up recurring sessions that fit your schedule.
Schedule your appointment
Our free online resources include handouts to help with:
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Style Guides
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
Becoming a Tutor
If you are interested in becoming a tutor and you are:
- Currently enrolled as a Chabot College student.
- Recommended by an English instructor.
- Have good people skills.
- Have passed English 1A with a "B" or higher.
- In good academic standing with strong reading and writing skills.
See full requirements &
Computer Lab Reservation
Two computer labs are available for instructors to reserve for class use.
Check the Lab Schedule for lab availability.
To reserve the lab, complete and submit the Lab Request; you will receive a confirmation email once your request has been processed.
Please note, weekly requests are scheduled through the last day of instruction. You must submit a separate request to reserve the lab during Finals.
For questions or concerns about requests, please email email@example.com