Student Handbook Class of 2021:
Class of 2021 application is closed. We are currently evaluating the application for Fall 2019 (Class of 2021). Notifications will be send via email and by US Postal in late April, early May. Please check your Zonemail for any updates on your current application.
The Nursing Program office is located in Room 2273, Building 2200, second floor. Contact: Catherine Gentiluomo (510) 723.6896 email: RNProgram@chabotcollege.edu. The program office is open Monday though Friday until May 31st, and Monday through Thursday during the summer months, June and July. Program questions not answered in the orientation can be emailed directly to the program director, Connie Telles, email@example.com or the program office RNProgram@chabotcollege.edu
Email Send to Class of 2021
Email 2021 F19 4: Orientation reminder for Monday, July 15 8:00 AM. Polo Shirt order form and payment are due $55 for a set of two shirts. Bookstore will not have your skills kit or patches available until July 31st orientation. If you have completed all your paperwork and immunizations you may submit your complete student packets. Please use the attached checklist.
Email 2021 F19 3: Either a Quantitative or Qualitative Titer lab report will be accepted.
Email 2021 F19 2: Reminder your titer reports, quantiferon and #1 boosters if needed should be completed by June 30th.
Email 2021: F19 1 Additional Calendar Dates;
- August 23, 2019 8:00-5:00 Hospital Safety Training, Event Center Bldg. 700, Rm 722 Mandatory attendance.
- August 30th 9:00 – 12:00 Skills Lab Orientation, Skills Lab Bldg 3100, Rm 3116, Mandatory
Immunizations Reminder: Complete your Quantitative Titer report by June 30th, MMR, Varicella and Hep. Upload PDF formated files to Castlebranch by July 31st, Originals to be submitted on July 15th checklist to program office as complete packet on July 31, 2019.
Register for Classes:
Fall registration will be reviewed at orientation in July. Students must pass the background and drug screen as well as complete all required documentation to register for the nursing courses. You may register after August 1, 2019
Incoming students must attend two orientations 8:00 AM – 4 PM in Room 3102, Building 3100, 25555 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545: Directions to the campus
- July 15, 2019
- July 31, 2019
Textbooks: NURS 55 textbooks can be purchased as a bundle through the Chabot Bookstore. These books are used through the program. Students are required to purchase textbooks and be ready for class on july 31, 2019. Second year students will have some textbooks for sale during the July 31st orientation.
Student Information Packet (Link)
The Fall 2019 Incoming Student packet is 21 pages, Please read carefully. Deadline are firm and must be met by all incoming student.
- Orientations are mandatory. Please arrange your summer schedule to meet the dates and requirements.
- MANDATORY – Tuberculosis Quantiferon Gold Blood Test: To remain current throughout the first year of the RN program the annual Tuberculosis (TB) screening requirement must be completed between June 1 and July 31, 2019. An updated TB clearance between these same dates in 2019 will be required for the second academic year of the RN program.
- Titer Reports (Quantitative Lab Report) must be completed on or before June 30th. This lab report verifies immunity to Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR), Varicella, and Hepatitis B. If you are not immune or borderline to this series of tests, you must get two (2) boosters to be allowed in the hospital. MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B Boosters are given 30 days apart.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) card must be good through end of each semester. A course ($85) will be offered at Chabot, you can select on Monday, June 10, 2019. If your card expires in (Fall) Sept/Oct/Nov or (Spring) Feb/Mar/April it must be renewed prior to the beginning of the semester.
- FIT (N95 Mask) Test must be completed by July 31, 2019
- Name Tags must be worn at orientation and the first three weeks in class. A paper name tag/badge will be provided at orientation. Your hospital name tag will be ordered through the second year nursing students on July 31st during the Meet and Greet Orientation. Please have cash available $10 per tag. Payment is required when ordered.
- Equipment – All students must be prepared for the first day of class with required equipment: white lab coat, watch with second hand, stethoscope, name tag, and books.
- September 17th, First day in the hospital (Clinical): All students must be prepared for the first day of clinical: white uniform, uniform patch, official program name tag, lab coat (30-33” Length), stethoscope, and required white shoes.