There are two LVN to RN options:
- Associate Degree (highly recommended) see program of study
- RN 30 unit non-degree see program of study
Who can apply
Anyone currently working as an LVN for 500 hours and can provide a letter of evidence.
- Passed ATI TEAS Test at adjusted individual score of 62% or higher
- An unofficial copy must be submitted with your application. If admitted, official test results from ATI Testing must be submitted unless test is taken at Chabot College.
- Students who do not acquire an Adjusted Individual score of 62% or higher will be required to complete remediation prior to testing again.
- If you do not pass the ATI TEAS on your second attempt after remediation, you are not eligible for the Chabot Nursing Program.
- Only the first valid score will be accepted if you have taken the test multiple times.
- Spring 2018: Pass the Kaplan LVN/PN Transition Test. May Test Dates TBA. Reservations for the test will be open April 1st. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Chabot Student ID, test date selection, date of orientation attended and LVN License numbers
- Completed the Chabot College equivalent for each the following science courses: Anatomy 1, Physiology 1, Microbiology 1
- Each must include a lab and must be 4-5 semester units (Equivalency Chart).
- Completion of one term of Anatomy/Physiology combined course WILL NOT satisfy this requirement.
- You can earn only one “C” in combination of the three science courses.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA is required.
- Fall 2018 Transition Class ( NURS 70/70L) will have a seven year recency. Science courses must be completed after
- 08/01/2010 for incoming Fall 2018
- 08/01/2011 for incoming Fall 2019
- 08/01/2012 for incoming Fall 2020
- Comparable course from U.S. Regionally Accredited Colleges/Universities are accepted. Check the equivalency chart for your classes.
- Can attend mandatory Orientation in December or May. See information meetings for dates and location
- Can submit a copy of your LVN License (front and back)
- Can submit a copy of your American Heart Association BLS Card
- Can provide a letter of evidence you currently working as an LVN for 500+ hours
- Completed NURS 70/70L with a “C” or higher on the first attempt
- Passed the Math for Medication Exam
- Passed Kaplan Specialty Exams (pediatrics, obstetrics, fundamentals, pharmacology) at a score individual to each test or passed the theory courses (NURS 81/82/64) on the first attempt
NOTE: 4-6 must be completed within 2 years of application.
- Passed NURS 84: Prescriptive Clinical Skills at the beginning of the semester prior to admission in order to practice and take skills exams. This is valid for 6 months
- Approximately $3,000 plus transportation costs to the hospitals and other agencies. Costs are subject to change.
How to apply
- Apply to Chabot College
- Review the admissions requirements above. Make sure you have completed/passed and can fulfill all requirements.
- Complete LVN to RN application from April thru October Application WORD Application PDF
For the Associate Degree pathway option, it is highly recommended that all GE requirements are completed before entering the program’s last semester. It is extremely difficult to complete the last semester and complete GE requirements simultaneously.