There are two LVN to RN options:
- Associate Degree (highly recommended) see program of study
- RN 30 unit non-degree see program of stud
Orientation Meeting is December 11, 2018 10:00 AM Blg 3100, Room 3115 and in May, 2019 TBA. Application will open on April 1, 2019 and close on June 30, 2019. New will be access through Class-Web.
Who can apply
Anyone currently working as an LVN for 500 hours of patient care and can provide a letter of evidence.
All requirements must be completed by June 30, 2019 to enter Fall 2019 NURS 70 Transition class.
- Passed ATI TEAS Test with a score of 62% or higher
- An unofficial copy must be submitted with your application. If admitted, official test results from ATI Testing must be submitted unless test is taken at Chabot College.
- Students who do not acquire a score of 62% or higher will be required to complete remediation prior to testing again.
- If you do not pass the ATI TEAS on your second attempt after remediation, you are not eligible for the Chabot Nursing Program.
- Only the first valid score will be accepted if you have taken the test multiple times.
- Completed the Chabot College equivalent for each the following science courses: Anatomy 1, Physiology 1, Microbiology 1
- Each must include a lab and must be 4-5 semester units (Equivalency Chart).
- Completion of one term of Anatomy/Physiology combined course WILL NOT satisfy this requirement.
- You can earn only one “C” in combination of the three science courses.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA is required.
- Fall 2019 Transition Class ( NURS 70/70L) will have a seven year recency. Science courses must be completed after
- 08/01/2012 for incoming Fall 2019
- 08/01/2013 for incoming Fall 2020
- 08/01/2014 for incoming Fall 2021
- Comparable course from U.S. Regionally Accredited Colleges/Universities are accepted. Check the equivalency chart for your classes.
- Can attend mandatory Orientation in December or May. See information meetings for dates and location.
- Can submit a copy of your LVN License (front and back)
- Can submit a copy of your American Heart Association BLS Card
- Can provide a letter of evidence you currently working as an LVN for 500+ hours
- Completed NURS 70/70L with a “C” or higher on the first attempt
- Passed the Math for Medication Exam
- Passed Kaplan Specialty Exams (pediatrics, obstetrics, fundamentals, pharmacology) at a score individual to each test or passed the theory courses (NURS 81/82/64) on the first attempt
NOTE: 4-6 must be completed within 2 years of application.
- Passed NURS 84: Prescriptive Clinical Skills at the beginning of the semester prior to admission in order to practice and take skills exams. This is valid for 6 months
- Approximately $3,000 plus transportation costs to the hospitals and other agencies. Costs are subject to change.
How to apply
- Apply to Chabot College for a student ID www.chabotcollege.edu Upper right hand corner APPLY
- Review the admissions requirements above. Make sure you have completed/passed and can fulfill all requirements.
- Complete LVN to RN application through Class-Web. Application will open on April 1, 2019 and close on June 30, 2019. Instructions
- Submit the Confirmation page from online application, all transcripts from colleges attended, meeting card, and copy of license and work letter. If you have any questions please contact the nursing program office RNProgram@chabotcollege.edu Checklist
For the Associate Degree pathway option, it is highly recommended that all GE requirements are completed before entering the program’s last semester. It is extremely difficult to complete the last semester and complete GE requirements simultaneously.