The Puente Challenge is to be a successful student by learning about
yourself, your priorities and goals, and learning how to develop critical
thinking and reading skills so you can express your ideas. Meeting this
challenge will allow students to fulfill the mission of the Puente Project.
Chabot College Puente Project
STATEWIDE, PUENTE STUDENTS
- SUCCEED ACADEMICALLY,
- ARE RECOGNIZED AS LEADERS AND SCHOLARS,
- GRADUATE FROM 4-YEAR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES, AND
- BELONG TO A STATEWIDE NETWORK OF LEADERS AND PROFESSIONALS.
- Over 5,500 students have enrolled in the Puente community college program.
- Over 2,000 professionals donate over 18,000 hours annually to Puente
- An estimated 200,000 non-Puente students have benefited from Puente’s staff
- Community colleges with Puente programs transfer 44 percent more Latino
students to the University of California than colleges without Puente.