Phone: (510) 723-6930
Mon/Tues/Thur: Building 2600, Room 2609
Wednesday: Building 700 2nd fl, Room 767L
As the athletic counselor, I provide academic counseling and support for student-athletes with the following services:
- Monitor the academic progress of assigned student-athletes from matriculation to graduation exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Meet with athletes to complete all of their SSSP components.
- Assist in the coordination of academic support services with existing college programs.
- Provide specific eligibility counseling and academic support to student-athletes to ensure student is making progress toward educational objectives.
- Meet with recruits to provide an overview of available academic, career services, and personal development opportunities.
- Assist in the planning and development of the student-athlete’s academic schedule to ensure compliance with College and NCAA requirements.
- Assist in monitoring supervised study hall designed to develop beneficial study skills.
- Serve as liaison with college employees to enhance the academic success of student athletes.
- Stay abreast of and assure adherence to CCCAA and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ensure all Chabot College, University, CSU and NCAA eligibility requirements are being met.