CalWORKs Work-Study Program
CalWORKs work-study program provides CalWORKs students with employment opportunities while attending Chabot College and pursuing their educational goals.
Work opportunities may be in employment, professional development, community service & internships.
- Funds earned in Work-Study are not deducted from a student’s monthly cash aid. Students keep 100% of both their employment earnings and cash aid. This is because their work-study is a form of student financial aid, included on their Financial Aid Award letter, and contributes to meeting the cost of college attendance.
- Work-study hours (20 hours max) can be counted as “core” hours for a student’s Welfare-to-work plan.
- On-site experience is often related to their field of study
- Build student’s resume and work experience
Chabot student must:
- Be enrolled or in the process of enrolling in classes at Chabot College
- Be admitted into Chabot College CalWORKs program
- Be in good academic standing, 2.0 GPA minimum
How to Apply
CalWORKs students must complete these steps in the exact order :
- Fill out the Work Study Application Packet
- Schedule an appointment with Josué Hernández at the EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs front desk or call 510-723-6909.
Other Work Study Forms can be found here.
Contact Josué Hernández, Employment Coordinator, email@example.com