Veterans Enrollment Checklist


  1. Apply for the following:
    • Chabot College Admission at CCCApply
    • Financial Aid (Promise Grant, Federal, and Calgrant)
    • GI Bill  (New, Returning, and Transferring Veterans)

  2. Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB), PO (VR&E) or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to the School Certifying Official.
    • If you have lost your COE, you can send in a printout of your summary of benefits page from your eBenefits account.

  3. Submit a copy of your DD-214 to the School Certifying Official.
    (Required for veteran priority registration)

  4. Request and submit ALL sealed (un-opened) official transcripts from colleges/universities attended and military transcripts to Chabot College, Office of Admissions and Records, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545.
  5. Complete Chabot College online orientation
    (Required for veteran priority registration)

  6. Take the Math and English assessment tests
    (Required for veteran priority registration)

  7. Veterans Education Plan (SEP): Email to set up an appointment to complete your SEP with a VRC, counselor.
    (Required for veteran priority registration)

  8. Register for classes online through CLASS-Web

  9. Complete the Enrollment Certification Request form upon registration. Submit the completed form to the Veteran Resource Center to authorize and submit your enrollment to the VA.

    Note: Chabot does not automatically certify enrollment upon registration. It is your responsibility to notify our office that you want to use your benefits.

    • School Certify Official (SCO) will submit your Enrollment Certification Request form to the VA, make sure to read your new COE, that will be sent to you in the mail, for any important information on benefits.
    • After drop period, the SCO will submit another certification to report tuition for the current term and confirm continued enrollment. Any adjustment in unit will be reported to the VA.
    • It is your responsibility to report to the SCO any changes in enrollment add and/or drops. You will want to submit a new Enrollment Certification Request Form upon changes in enrollment.
      Note: Priority registration will be given to veterans only for future terms.

If you have any questions, please contact the VRC staff

Veteran Resource Coordinator & SCO

Veteran Resource Academic Counselors