Social Work and Human Services Degree Programs
The human services associate degree programs can help prepare students:
- To become a counselor, therapist, social worker, and more.
- For employment at schools and organizations for youth, families, community, and more.
- Transfer to four-year colleges and universities to continue their studies in related
Students who earn the AA-T in Social Work and Human Services degree are guaranteed admission to one of the California State Universities in a major deemed similar*.
|Basic Employability Preparation
|CSU GE Breadth
|Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Science, Math and Technology
|Social Work And Human Services
Please see a counselor to create a Student Educational Plan (SEP) tailored to your needs
*Local BA programs for transfer:
SFSU BA Social Work; SJSU BA Social Work; CSUEB BA Sociology emphasis in Social Service
Examples of Careers that can start with a degree or certificate in Human Services or Social Work.
- Rehabilitation Counselor*
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counselor
- Social Worker
- Art Therapist*
- Marriage, Family & Child Counselor*
- Mental Health Counseling*
- Mental Health Technician
- Human Service Worker
- Crisis Hotline and Suicide Prevention Counselor
- Behavioral Therapist/Analyst*
- Community Social Service Provider
*May require additional education. Please see a counselor for additional information.