Fall 2023 Deadline to Petition for Degree/Certificate is October 20, 2023
As you are working towards a degree or certificate, follow these steps to stay on track.
- Connect with a counselor for an unofficial evaluation to confirm completion of degree/certificate requirements.
You can also use DegreeWorks to track your progress.
- During your final semester, submit the Request for Degree or Certificate by the due date on the academic calendar.
NOTE: This is required to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Visit the Commencement website for current commencement ceremony information.
- If applicable, submit official documentation to the Admissions & Records Office:
- Official transcripts from other colleges*
- Official AP exam test scores from College Board
- High school transcripts or the Language Other Than English Vertification to clear IGETC Area 6.
* For in-progress courses taken at other colleges: Official transcripts must be sent to Admissions & Records immediately after coursework is complete and grades are posted.
- Do well in your final classes!
- If you wish to participate in Commencement, stay up to date with deadlines and information
the Commencement website.
Please note that the Commencement Ceremony occur once a year in the month of May.
- If you have applied for graduation and received notification that you are awarded your degree or certificate in Fall term, you will be invited to the ceremony.
- Students who anticipate on graduating in Spring or Summer terms will need to submit the Request for Degree or Certificate by the deadline date listed on the academic calendar in order to be invited to the ceremony.
- When your final grades are posted, the Admissions Office will complete an evaluation of your student record. This process takes at least 8 weeks after final grades are posted. If you have met all degree or certificate requirements, your diploma will be mailed to the address on your request form. As you wait, you can also check your unofficial transcript on CLASS-Web to see if your degree or certificate has been awarded.
Graduation is when you have successfully completed all degree requirements, applied for a degree/certificate, and awarded the degree/certificate.
Commencement is the end of the academic year celebration in May for students that have completed
or expected to complete their degree/certificate requirements. Participation in commencement
does not confirm or guarantee that you have met all degree or certificate requirements
unless you received official notification from the Admissions Office that your degree
or certificate has been awarded. Diplomas are not distributed at Commencement.
Visit the Commencement website for ceremony information.
Frequently Asked Questions