Report an Incident

Chabot College encourages everyone to report all forms of gender-based discrimination and sexual misconduct to the College and/or the police. Making a report means telling someone in a position of authority what happened – this can be in person, over the phone, or in an email.

Contact the Title IX Coordinator or submit a completed complaint form to report an incident.

Please note, the Title IX Office deals specifically with gender-based discrimination and harassment. You can report all other forms of unlawful discrimination or harassment by submitting a completed complaint form to the Director of Human Resources & Labor Relations.

Who Can File a Report?

Anyone (students, faculty, or staff) can report gender-based discrimination or sexual misconduct to the college. It does not matter if you were personally involved in an incident or if you witnessed something happening to someone else. Chabot College follows a See Something, Say Something, Do Something model. This means we expect community members to look out for each other and report misconduct that affects all members of our campus community.

When Should I File a Report?

You should report incidents of gender-based discrimination and sexual misconduct as soon as possible. While it is never too late to report sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, or dating or domestic violence, it is much easier to conduct a thorough investigation if a report is made in a timely manner. Reporting instances of sexual misconduct as soon as possible allows the college to help you (and other affected parties) connect with valuable support services.

Where Should I File My Report?

You have the choice to report sexual misconduct to the College, or the Hayward Police Department. You can file a report with the College and still decline to file a report with local law enforcement agencies. If you are unsure of where to file your report, contact the College’s Title IX Coordinator to discuss your reporting options, and help you file a report with the Hayward Police Department if you so desire. Report all instances of gender-based discrimination and sexual harassment to the Title IX Coordinator.

Filing a Report with the College

To file a formal complaint with the College, you can:

Any information you share with the Title IX Team will be kept private and shared only on a need-to-know basis.

When you file a report with the College, the Title IX Coordinator will meet with you to review all of your options. The Title IX Coordinator may help with changes to your academics, work, and transportation conditions. They may also implement other interim protective measures to make sure participating in an investigation does not affect your access to education.