Building 700 2nd fl, Room 767B, (510) 723-7676
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded project designed to motivate and support low-income, first generation students to graduate from high school and continue on to a post-secondary school of their choice.
Who we serve
The ETS program is open to eligible 7th – 12th grade students who attend:
- Cesar Chavez Middle School
- Edendale Middle School
- Martin Luther King Middle School
- Winton Middle School
- Hayward High School
- Mt Eden High School
- San Lorenzo High School
- Tennyson High School
In order to participate students must be:
- Ages 11 – 27
- First-generation college-bound (neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year college)
- Meet federal low-income guidelines
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident (or are in the process)
Students with disabilities are eligible to participate.
What students receive
ETS offers a variety of activities to both students and their families to prepare students for school and college success:
- Student advising and mentoring
- Homework and tutoring assistance
- Workshops on: study skills, college and career exploration and planning, financial aid, etc.
- SAT preparation for juniors and seniors
- College and financial aid application assistance
- Trips to college campuses, cultural and career-related events
- Summer programming
How to apply
Please contact us at (510) 723-7676 or email@example.com for an application.
Middle School Program Assistant