Building 700 2nd fl, Room 767B, (510) 723-7676
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded project designed to motivate and support low-income, first generation students to graduate from high school and continue on to a post-secondary school of their choice.
Who we serve
The ETS program is open to eligible 7th – 12th grade students who attend:
- Cesar Chavez Middle School
- Edendale Middle School
- Martin Luther King Middle School
- Winton Middle School
- Hayward High School
- Mt Eden High School
- San Lorenzo High School
- Tennyson High School
If a student does not attend one of these schools but is enrolled in the Hayward Unified or San Lorenzo Unified school districts, they may contact our office for an application.
In order to participate students must be:
- Ages 11 – 27
- First-generation college-bound (neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year college)
- Meet federal low-income guidelines
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident (or are in the process)
Students with disabilities are eligible to participate.
ETS offers a variety of activities to both students and their families to prepare students for school and college success:
- Student advising and mentoring
- Homework and tutoring assistance
- Workshops on: study skills, college and career exploration and planning, financial aid, etc.
- SAT preparation for juniors and seniors
- College and financial aid application assistance
- Trips to college campuses, cultural and career-related events
- Summer programming
How to apply
Please contact us at (510) 723-7676 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Middle School Program Assistant