Student Insurance

Student Accident Insurance

The college provides a secondary Accident Insurance for all registered students attending college classes, activities, and sponsored events such as field trips.  In addition, it covers active members of the intercollegiate teams whose names are on the roster as members of that team.  The policy has a non-duplication benefits provision. 

Information Bulletins and Insurance Claim Forms are available for review in the Administrative Services Office, Academic Services Office, Student Services Office, and Campus Safety Office.  Should an accident occur on site, Campus Safety must be notified immediately as they are equipped to handle emergency situations.  For offsite accidents, the Instructor in charge will handle the situation.  In both cases, they can provide the injured party with the necessary paperwork.

Group ID Number: US 1929267

For more information, you can go to

Injury and Sickness Insurance for Students

Student Insurance also provides a Domestic Student Injury and Sickness Insurance plan which students may purchase while attending Chabot College. They must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in a community college in order to be eligible for this coverage.  Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their dependents.  No more than 12 months of coverage may be purchased per policy year.

The Administrative Services Office processes all student insurance claims.  Completed forms must be submitted to the College Administrative Services Technician within 72 hours of an accident/injury.  For further information, please contact Angela Castellanos at 510.723.6994 or come by her office in building 200, room 208.


NOTE: If you need ADA accessibility assistance when viewing these pdf's provided by AXIS, please contact DSPS.