WRAC Drop-In Tutoring
- The WRAC Center offers FREE drop-in tutoring for writing and reading for any Chabot class.
- No appointment is necessary!
- Work one-on-one with Chabot student tutors who are recommended and trained by Chabot English instructors. Or, choose to work with an Faculty Tutor.
- Tutoring sessions run approximately 20 minutes but you are welcome to come back for tutoring as many times as you need.
- WRAC Center drop-in tutoring is available online and on-campus!
How to Access On-campus WRAC Center Tutoring
- Drop into the WRAC Center during our open hours to meet with a WRAC Center tutor.
- Go to building 100, to the Learning Connection (Room 108).
- Sign in for tutoring in the main Learning Connection lobby.
- Head left from the main lobby into the WRAC Center - room 192!
- As soon as a tutor is available, they will find you for your session.
How to Access Online Tutoring in Canvas: Chabot Tutoring
- Log into Canvas and access a course site (any current Canvas site for a Chabot course will do)
- In the Canvas course menu (left side of the Canvas course page), click on "Chabot Tutoring"
- Click the blue "Open in New Tab" button
- On the next page, scroll down to and click the button for WRAC Center Drop-In Tutoring
- Sign in to Accudemia using your Wnumber and the default password: the first two letter of your first name, the first two letters of your last name, and the last four digits of your W#
- select your course to be placed in the waiting line
- as soon as a tutor is available, you will see a button to join your drop-in session
Note: If the tutor is helping another student, you may be in a waiting queue until the tutor is available. If you are in the waiting queue longer than 20 minutes, please call or text (510) 397-8047 for assistance.
Video: How to Access Online Drop-In Tutoring
For WRAC Center Tutoring Hours and Schedule, please visit the WRAC Center Hours page!
*Note that tutoring is unavailable on campus holidays, Flex Days, and campus closures (like Spring Break). Tutoring hours are also limited during Finals Week.