Loss of Priority Registration and Promise Grant

Loss of Priority Registration

Per Title 5, section 58108, students shall lose their priority registration status due to being placed on academic or progress probation or any combination thereof for two consecutive primary semesters, or due to earning 100 or more degree-applicable semester units in Chabot-Las Positas Community College (CLPCCD). The loss of priority registration shall remain in effect until the student is no longer on probation or the student has successfully appealed their loss of priority registration status.

Students may appeal their loss of priority registration for the following reasons:

  1. Extenuating circumstance. Qualifying extenuating circumstances are verified cases of accidents, illnesses or other circumstances beyond the control of the student.
  2. A student with a disability applied for, but did not receive timely, reasonable accommodation.
  3. Demonstrating significant academic and/or progress improvement. Significant improvement is defined as achieving at least a 2.0 GPA and 50% completion rate in the last term.
  4. The student has earned over 100 semester units, and is enrolled in a high unit major/program and/or his/her final semester.

Students can request an appeal by visiting Counseling.

Loss of California College Promise Grant (B.O.G Fee Waiver)

California College Promise Grant Requirements (B.O.G Fee Waiver): Community colleges are required to place students on probation who, after attempting at least 12 semester units, either have a grade point average below 2.0 or receive a “withdrawal,” “incomplete,” or “no pass” mark on 50 percent or more of total attempted units. Students who are placed on probation for two consecutive semesters lose their priority registration status. Students will also lose their California College Promise Grant if they have been on college probation for two consecutive semesters. Those students who lose their California College Promise Grant can regain eligibility when they are no longer on probation.

To appeal loss of BOG fee waiver, please visit the Counseling Division to complete the Loss of BOG Fee Waiver Appeal Petition.