EOPS Summer Bridge Program is Accepting New Students NOW! Space is limited. Sign up today!
Register online for our 5 week Summer Bridge with CRN#10692 or contact Counselor/Instructor Brian Augsburger for more information. Brian Augsburger: email@example.com, 510-723-7031
EOPS Summer Bridge -Summer 2018 – “College Readiness” – PSCN 23, CRN#10692
Building 700 2nd floor, Room 767L Telephone (510) 723-6909
EOPS provides access and educational opportunities for individuals whose educational and socio-economic backgrounds might otherwise prevent them from successfully attending and succeeding in college.
For single parents, EOPS offers the supplemental CARE Program with additional support.
Applications are accepted at the beginning of each Fall & Spring s Pemester.
To apply, please print and complete the application. Submit your completed application to the EOPS/CARE front desk, Building 700 2nd fl.
You must meet all of the following criterias:
- Must be a Chabot registered student
- Must meet California Residency Requirement
- Must qualify for a Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW A or B)
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 units) or more, with a GPA of 2.0 or higher when accepted.
- Must not have completed more than 40 semester units of college degree applicable course work or more than 6 semesters of college.
- Must be determined to be educationally disadvantaged
- AB540 Students Accepted
- Returning EOPS students must be in good standing in their previous semester
- Priority Registration:
- Your registration priority group and registration date will be determined by the completion of the three Core Services (Assessment, Orientation, and Student Education Plan)
- Academic advising
- Personal counseling
- Vocational and career planning
- College guidance and self-development courses
- Referrals to academic support services as tutoring and study skills development
- Transfer Preparation:
- Opportunities to meet with four-year school representatives
- Campus visits to local four-year institutions
- Admissions applications
- Application Fee Waivers for UC and CSU campuses
- Financial Assistance:
- EOPS Grant to qualified applicants (e.g. book vouchers)
- Limited child care grant to qualified applicants (CARE Recipients)
- Assistance in completing financial aid application and documents
- Tutoring (Math & English)
EOPS is also open to undocumented students.
Learn more about Dreamers support and resources for undocumented students.
The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) Program is a supplemental component of EOPS assisting single parents.
- Grant Stipend
- Meal Tickets
- Academic, career and personal advisement
- Child care grant
- Family Activities
- Personal Development classes/workshops
You must :
- Be a Chabot student and be in the EOPS Program.
- Be 18 years old at time of acceptance into the CARE program.
- Be a single parent and considered Head of Household.
- Student and/or dependent(s) must be receiving the Cash Aid.
- Have at least one child at time of acceptance into the CARE program
- Be enrolled in 12 units (full time) at time of acceptance into the CARE Program (unless student has certified disability or served by DSPS (Disabled Students Programs & Services) then less than full-time enrollment is waived).
EOPS Counselor Assistant II
EOPS/CARE Student Services Assistant
EOPS Student Services Assistant