The Adult Education Program at Chabot College, in collaboration with local adult schools and Las Positas Community College, provide assistance and transitional support for adult learners looking to advance their academic and/or career pursuits.
Adult Learners pursuing a HS Diploma or GED can NOW take concurrent enrollment classes at Chabot College, tuition free (student fees still applies).
Apply for Concurrent Enrollment Now!
- For Fall 23, apply by August 7, 2023
*applications submitted after these due dates will be considered by availability.
Apply in 6 easy steps
- Apply to Chabot College. Wait until you receive your W# (may take up to 72 hours)
- Contact your Adult School transition specialist or administrator to identify the Designee for your school (you need their email), # of hours completed in Adult School
- Identify the course from the Class Schedule).
See our class schedule tutorial for support.
- Complete the Adult Concurrent Enrollment FormAdult Ed Concurrent Enrollment Form
- When your form has been completed and approved, you will receive an email to register for classes.
- Over 130 degree and certificate programs
- On-campus & online courses, with day, evening classes, and weekend classes
Here are just a few of our programs and courses for adult learners:
- NonCredit Programs
- Career Education
- PACE (degree and transfer program specifically designed for working adults)
- ECD - Early Childhood Development Program
- Special Programs
What we do...
- Present at local adult schools, high schools, and community-based organizations on supports and programming for Adult Learners at Chabot
- Assist groups in scheduling English as Second Language, Career Education and Chabot related programs
- Support transition to Chabot College for Adult Learners
- Guide Adult learners in completing the online admissions application, completing the online financial aid application (FAFSA / CA Dream Act), and assist in scheduling a counseling appointment
- Connect adult learners to campus resources and support services
Chabot College is a member of the Mid-Alameda County Consortium (MACC),
- Building relationships with businesses and employment-focused organizations to transition students to the workforce
- Providing coordinated services for student from all of the MACC members and partner agencies
- Supporting students in their transition from Adult Education to Community College
- Adding more partner agencies to support our students.
- Expanding classes and programs offered to adult learners
You have questions, we have answers! Visit us today.
- "What are Adult Schools?"
- "After attending some Adult School classes, I am now ready for college. What now?"
- "I'm already attending college but there are classes at an adult school that I'm very interested in. Could I get college credit for taking them?"