Direction for Students

Some of the courses you take at your High School, Adult School, or through Regional Occupation Program may be eligible for either noncredit or credit articulation at Chabot College. Eligible courses have been articulated with each Adult School/High School/ROP and Chabot College on a course by course basis and are posted on our list of articulated courses.

If you are enrolled in an articulated course for your Adult School/High School/ROP, you may apply for recognition of your successful completion of the course (grade of B or better) and receive Chabot credit for the course. In order to receive Chabot credit all of the following steps must be completed.

  • Apply to Chabot College to obtain your student identification number (W#) between October 1st and December 31st of each academic year.
  • You must apply for the Spring semester in order to receive articulated credit.
  • You must have a W# in order to apply for recognized credit and move to the next step.
  • If you have applied but do not receive a W# (student ID), contact Admissions and Records or follow these steps to retrieve your W#.

CATEMA Registration

Once you have received your student identification number (W#), register on Chabot College's web-based application (CATEMA) by October 31st with the assistance of your Adult School/High School/ROP instructor. CATEMA is an online portal that permits college and secondary teachers and staff to manage articulation credit. This is the only way that you will be able to obtain credit from Chabot College. The college will no longer accept paper applications for college credit. Reference the CATEMA Student Quick Start Guide if you need assistance, or speak with your High School, ROP, Adult School counselor/instructor.

Your teacher will then match your registration with your school classes and college courses by October 31st of each year. Your teacher must enter final grades of A  or B in CATEMA for you to earn articulated CBE. Teachers will perform this action by June 28th of each academic year.

Chabot College will transcribe articulated coursework credits by July 30th of each academic year. To confirm your college credit, log into CLASS-Web with your W# and Pin. For official college transcripts, visit Chabot College's Admissions Office Transcript Request page.