California State University (CSU) Transfer Requirements
There are 23 CSU (California State University) campuses which offers over 4,100 undergraduate
and graduate degrees. Explore the CSU Campuses through a virtual tour or Explore the Degrees!
CSU Transfer Events
TRANSFER TIPS & REQUIREMENTS
- Complete “The Golden Four” which are the four courses that all CSU campuses want students to complete before
transferring as a junior to the CSU. Complete one course in each of the four areas below:
- A1 Oral Communication — Communication Studies 1, 20, 46*
- A2: Written Communication — English 1 or 1A
- A3: Critical Thinking — Communication Studies 46*, English 4 or 4A, English 7 or 7A,
History 5, Philosophy 55
- B4: Mathematics - Mathematics 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8+, 15, 16, 20, 31+, 31S+, 33+, 33S+,
36+, 36S+, 37+, 37S+, 41+, 41S+, 43+, 43S+, 47+, 47S+; Psychology 5+, Business 19+,
Computer Science 28+
- *May only be used in one GE area; no double counting.
- +Transfer credit may be limited for similar courses
- Complete coursework that meet your intended CSU Major's requirements along with your
general education (GE) requirements.
- Enroll in Psychology Counseling (PSCN) 10 Career and Education Planning to help you
decide on your career and future goals, and identify the major at the destination
CSU campus(es) you will be pursuing.
- Use Explore Degrees to identify the name of your major at the CSU and use www.assist.org to search for Articulation Agreements by Major. Meet with a counselor or university representative to interpret the agreement together.
- To satisfy GE, you have two choices: IGETC or CSU GE. Meet with a counselor to consult.
- Complete at least 60 CSU transferable semester units with a minimum 2.0 grade point
- The GPA for admission can be significantly higher because of the major, campus, and/or
applicant pool. Conduct research on additional requirements due to impaction.
- Wondering how to count up your CSU transferable units? View the third view on ASSIST TUTORIALS to learn how and use ASSIST.
- Learn about the Associate Degree for Transfer to CSU and partner with your Chabot Counselor or CSU representative to determine if there is a Chabot College ADT Major that aligns with your CSU bachelor
degree major so you can earn the Associate Degree for Transfer as part of your transfer
plan to the CSU.
- While some exceptions may be possible, in general, you must complete the Golden Four,
earn the 60 CSU transferable units, and meet any additional coursework requirements
for your intended CSU Major by the deadline specified below:
- To start the CSU in the Fall term - complete by end of spring term prior to the fall
- To start the CSU in the Spring term - complete by the end of summer term prior to
the spring term.
- Apply to 3 to 5 universities of interest; research universities based on availability
of your intended major, support services, location, housing, size of campus, and financial
- Apply on time! All CSU campuses accept junior transfer students in the Fall term and
applications occur one year before you are there.
- Some CSU campuses accept in Winter/Spring. Check Is My Major/CSU Accepting Applications? or with the university for details.
- Applications are $70 for each campus with up to four fee waivers.
- No essays required.
||Priority Application Filing Period
||October 1, 2023 - November 30, 2023
||June 1, 2024 - June 30, 2024
||August 1, 2024 - August 31, 2024