Transfer Workshops and Application Support
Workshops are a great way to focus on a particular topic or aspect to university transfer in community. In partnership with university representatives, Chabot College faculty, and Chabot College counselors, workshops cover an array of topics related to transfer basics, transfer admission applications and personal statements, as well as information sessions for transfer exploration and opportunities.
Exploration Workshops give you opportunity to learn with the intent of refining your list of potential transfer schools and identifying your intended university major/program. This informs the conversations you have with your Chabot counselor for revisions to your Student Education Plan (SEP) and define your transfer timeline!
A few exploration workshops include:
- UC TAG and UC TAP Line by Line
- hosted by UC Berkeley and primarily for those trying to get the Fall 2024 TAG but Transfer Explorers can get a head start on your future TAG here
- UC Berkeley Transfer Presentations
- UC Davis Transfer Webinar Series
- UC Irvine Virtual Transfer Presentations
- UC Santa Barbara Virtual Presentations
Application Workshops. Applying to transfer to a university is often more than just completing a form. The application cycle can take as short as two weeks to as long as one year. It is a process that may require the reporting of your academic history, admissions essay, portfolio or supplemental application to specific programs and departments. In addition, you are likely finding yourself applying for financial aid, scholarships, on-campus housing, etc..
We are here to support you!
- Start by attending transfer application workshops
- CSU Application Workshops
- UC Application and PIQ Workshops
- UC PIQ Workshop with UC Berkeley for Chabot Students
- UC PIQ Workshops with Chabot Writing Coach Support - coming soon
Step 2: Work on Your Application(s)
- Reference the Transfer Applications Resources Guide for step by step pdf guides and video tutorials while working on your application(s).
- Follow your Fall Transfer Checklist and Timeline or Spring Transfer Checklist and Timeline
- Connect for application support with Transfer Center Counselors
- Online via Zoom:
- Wednesday, 9/13: 10am-12pm
- Wednesday, 9/20: 10am-12pm
- Wedneday, 9/27: 10am-12pm
- Friday, 9/29: 10am-12pm
- Access Zoom Room
- On-Campus at Transfer Center Computer Lab:
- Thursday, 9/28: 10am-12pm and 12:30-3:30pm
- Friday, 9/29: 9am-11am
- Unsure where to go for help?
- Please reach out to Counselor Frances at firstname.lastname@example.org with what you know about your transfer plan or goals, intended Major, intended transfer schools, intended semester you will be at university, and W number for support. You can also include your list of questions and any general preferences on time of day, online or on-campus appointment, etc., and I'll do my best to support.
- Veteran Students: You may see your Veterans Counselor for transfer application support!
- Online via Zoom:
Step 4: Attend Next Steps Workshops
- Let's keep the momentum going, supporting each other, and staying steady as you head
into your last semester at Chabot by attending Next Steps workshops and drop-in for
- Next Steps: I've Applied, Now What?
- Next Steps: Admitted, Denied, Waitlist, Appeal?
- Next Steps: University Financial Aid Awards
- Next Steps: Transfer Transitions
We are excited to partner with you on this leg of your transfer journey!