UC Transfer Admission Guarantee
UC Transfer Admission Guarantee
By preparing for and meeting specific requirements, community college transfer students have an opportunity to secure a guaranteed seat at one of the UC campuses that offer guarantee (UC Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz) through the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG).
Start with Your UC Transfer Admission Planner
The UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP) is your tool to plan for transfer and seek the transfer admission guarantee to a participating UC campus.
- UC TAP is an online tool to help students plan and track coursework (completed, in-progress, and planned).
- UC TAP is linked to assist.org so it counts up your UC-transferable units and UC-transferable gpa, which is unavaible in Class-Web.
- Allows UC transfer admissions representatives and Chabot counselors to provide general and major specific feedback before TAG and/or UC Application periods. (This is a great perk so you can ensure you are submitting the fullest and most accurate records for admission consideration.)
- The UC TAP is what you submit to seek your UC Transfer Admission Guarantee.
- The UC TAP is what you import into your UC application so you do not have to reenter your coursework from all colleges attended in the application.
- Establish and work on your UC TAP at: uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu
- To begin your pathway to the UC, establish your UC Transfer Admission Planner and keep it updated! Reference UC Transfer Admission Planner Slides or view UC Transfer Planner Overview Recording to learn how to complete and use the UC Transfer Admission Planner in preparation for UC transfer and/or UC TAG.
- Research the specific requirements for the TAG at each participating UC TAG Campus:
Step 2: Monitor your progress in meeting UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Requirements:
- Each UC campus that offers the TAG has their own TAG requirements so learn about it on each UC TAG Campus Website or review the TAG Matrix. Attend TAG Information Workshop or review previous TAG workshop slides: Fall 2024 UC TAG Workshop Slides.
- Some requirements must be met by the time you submit your UC TAP for a TAG while other requirements may be met after the TAG application deadline.
- Some campuses offer an early review of your academic record, early admission notification, and guidance on major preparation and GE courses.
- Review your UC TAP to see how you are meeting the UC TAG requirements. Reference the UC TAP How-To to complete your planner completely. Reference the Transfer Center's Fall 2024 UC TAG Workshop Slides. to review your TAP for a TAG.
Step 3: Submit your UC TAP for your UC TAG
- The TAG application is due approximately one year before your intended transfer term, but course planning to meet requirements and obtain that guarantee begins as early as your first year at Chabot!
- Meet with the UC representative and/or your Chabot counselor regularly to review your UC TAP and monitor your progress, catch any errors, and set any TAG goals.
- Recommended timeline:
- Go over UC TAP with your Chabot counselor or UC TAG representative after completing one semester of college; adjust education plan and incorporate completed, in-progress, and planned coursework into your UC TAP as needed. Discuss potential TAG campus options.
- March-July 2023: Go over UC TAP with UC TAG representative for feedback; make adjustments to course registration as needed. Narrow down TAG campus options.
- August-September 2023: Go over UC TAP with your Chabot counselor or drop-in with Transfer Center Counselor for Transfer Applicant Support or UC TAG representative for final feedback. Finalize your UC TAP and submit it to seek your UC TAG between 9/1-9/30.
- November 2023: Remember to submit a regular application to your UC TAG campus along with other UC campus. Utilize Transfer Application Resources and drop-in for Transfer Applicant Support.
- You can only seek and be approved for a TAG at one UC campus. To keep your options open, remember to apply for the UC TAG campus and additional UC campuses during the regular application cycle (Nov. 1-30).
Important Dates and When to Apply
|Term||Application Filing Period|
|Fall 2024 UC TAG||September 1, 2023 - September 30, 2023|
|Fall 2024 Application||October 1, 2023 - November 30, 2023|
|Winter/Spring 2025 UC TAG||May 1, 2024 - May 31, 2024|
|Winter/Spring 2025||July 1, 2024 - July 31, 2024|
- Assistance with your UC TAP for TAG is available through Transfer Application Workshops and look for sessions where you can drop-in to obtain assistance with your TAP and/or work on any of your transfer admission applications. Reference the UC TAP How To as a guide when completing your planner. Reference the Transfer Center's Fall 2024 UC TAG Workshop Slides to review TAG requirements.
Questions? Contact Transfer Center Counselor/Instructor Frances Fon at firstname.lastname@example.org