University of California (UC) Transfer
University of California (UC) Transfer Requirements
Over 800 Chabot College studenst transfer to a four-year university in 2017-2018! Explore your options, learn about the requirements, partner with your counselor and university representative to develop your transfer plan to get on course and on your way!
There are 9 UC campuses which offers undergraduate degrees: Davis, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Merced, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Irvine, Riverside, and San Diego. (The San Francisco campus offers professional and graduate degrees.)
The UC system has over 750 majors and over 150 disciplines. California community college students are given first priority over other transfer applicants. Nearly 1 in 3 UC students start at a community college before graduating from a UC campus.
TRANSFER TIPS & REQUIREMENTS
- The best way to keep track of your progress is through your UC Transfer Admission Planner at uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu. Create your account to start your path to the UC. You export this record into your UC application; it is also what the transfer representative reviews to tell how you are doing preparing for transfer, and the UC TAP is what you submit to seek a UC Transfer Admission Guarantee. Learn more about making the most of your UC TAP.
- Start completing your math & English requirements. The UC places a high priority on students that complete transferable math & English courses early in their academic careers. Your UC TAP shows a summary of your progress in this area.
- The UC gives high priority to students who complete major preparation coursework early in their academic career. Look at www.assist.org for specific UC major requirements for each UC campus. View ASSIST Tutorials to start. Meet with a counselor or the UC representative to interpret the ASSIST articulation agreement by Major together. Enroll in Psychology Counseling 10 Career & Education Planning if you would like to set some career goals to help inform what kind of academic major you may want to pursue and help solidy your potential UC Major.
- UC Transfer Pathways can be a useful tool to explore popular majors and which UC campuses offer them.
- Six of the 9 UC campuses offer a UC Transfer Admission Guarantee! Learn about it early and partner with a counselor to develop an education plan that sets you up for that TAG when it is time to submit your UC Transfer Admission Planner for the TAG.
- Along with math & English, and your major coursework, you are required to complete four courses in at least two of the following areas: Physical/Biological Sciences, Art/Humanities, Social/Behavioral Sciences. Your UC TAP shows a summary of your progress in this area.
- Complete 60 UC transferable semester units with a minimum 2.4 grade point average (2.8 for Non-residents) for minimum eligibility. The GPA for admission can be significantly higher due to the applicant pool. Your UC TAP shows a summary of your progress in this area.
- In partnership with the UC transfer representative and your counselor, determine if you will be completing the IGETC GE Pattern or if prioritizing a specific UC campus breadth requirements or just the UC minimum requirements is most appropriate given your intended UC major(s).
- Depending on your intended major at your intended UC campus(es), complete your general education (GE) requirements, usually by completing the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC). Meet with the UC transfer representative at the Transfer Center or your counselor to determine if this is right for you, given your intended UC major and UC destinations.
- Attend transfer workshops, schedule your one-on-ones with your transfer representatives, and use our Applying to the University resources!
- Apply on time! ALL UC’s accept junior transfer students in the Fall term, which requires you to apply a full year in advance. Some UC campuses accept Winter and Spring transfer applicants. Remember to submit your UC Transfer Admission Planner if you are seeking a UC Transfer Admission Guarantee.
|Term||Application Filing Period|
|Fall 2023 UC TAG||September 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022|
|Fall 2023||October 1, 2022 - November 30, 2022|
|Winter/Spring 2024 UC TAG||May 1, 2023 - May 31, 2023|
|Winter/Spring 2024||July 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023|