Flea Market Vendor

What is a garage vendor?

A garage vendor is defined as occasional vendor who sells once or twice a year. Due to the scope, frequency and character of their selling activities, garage vendors are not considered to be in the business of selling merchandise and, therefore, are not required to hold as sellers permit. Garage vendors are not required to have a resale license or seller’s permit.

What is a resale vendor?

A resale vendor is defined as a vendor who sells new or used merchandise (including handcrafts) on a frequent basis. A vendor who sells new items or a bulk of the same item will be considered a resale vendor. Also any vendor who owns a business selling the same product they intend to sell at the Flea Market will be considered
a resale vendor.

Resale Vendors are required to have both a State Resale License and a City of Hayward Seller’s License. If you do not have either license you will not be allowed to reserve or rent a flea market space.

On the day of the Flea Market you MUST have a copy of both licenses on your person or risk being ejected from the Market and fined.


As a resale vendor you will be required to obtain both a State Resale License and a City of Hayward Seller’s
License in order to sell at our market. You can obtain these licenses at the following offices:

State Resale License
State Board of Equalization
1515 Clay Street
Suite 303, Oakland, CA 94512
(510) 622-4100
(510) 622-4095

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm

No fee
You will need:

  • CA State Driver’s License
  • Social Security Number
  • Bank Information
  • 3 Personal References
  • A completed application

City of Hayward Seller’s License
Hayward City Hall Building
777 B St
Hayward CA, 94544
(510) 583-4600

Hours of Operation:

  • Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
  • Friday: 8am – 12pm

$16 fee (Cash, Check, or Money Order)

You will need:

  • A completed application
  • Social Security Number
  • CA State Driver License

Agricultural License
A license is required to sell plants of any kind.
For Information call (510) 670-5232


Alameda County Food Permit/License

Alameda County Department of Enviromental Health
1131 Harbor Bay Parkway
Alameda, CA 94502
(510) 567-6700