The Language Center (Learning Connection)
Room 2351 (Above the Cafeteria)
Hours of Operation
Fall Semester 2014
Monday.......9 AM -7 PM
Tuesday.......9 AM -7 PM
Wednesday......9 AM - 7 PM
Thursday......9 AM - 7 PM
Friday.......8 AM - 11 AM
The LC will be CLOSED on the following dates: 9/01,
11/10, 11/26, 11/27, and 11/28.
The LC will be open ONLY 4:00-7:00 p.m. on 9/02 and
Can you answer "yes" to any of these questions?
- Are you having trouble with your ESL classes?
- Do you need help with your homework assignments?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to practice using what you're learning in
your ESL classes?
Then the Language Center is just for you!
The Language Center provides helpful resources in a friendly, comfortable
setting. If you are currently taking an ESL
course at Chabot College, then you can take advantage of our free services.
What will you find at The Language Center?
- Free drop-in tutoring and
scheduled appointments with instructors and trained tutors. Ask the
front desk about availability or see the drop-in schedule
- A small computer lab with ESL software programs to practice reading,
vocabulary, writing, grammar, listening, speaking, and pronunciation skills.
See the complete list
- Novels, dictionaries, answer keys, newspapers, and magazines for your use.
- Quiet and clean work/study areas.
- For ESL students, we also have a supplementary 1/2 unit pronunciation lab course...ESL 127
- For ESL students or non-native speakers, we have a
Faculty-Student Tutorial course...ESL 128
We also have Conversation Groups
for ESL students...
semester we have conversation groups conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable
ESL tutors. Conversation groups offer a fun and relaxed atmosphere for
practicing your listening and speaking skills, and they give you an opportunity
to learn and use new vocabulary. Attendance is not mandatory, and it's okay to
come late or leave early! All ESL students are welcome!
Fall 2014 Tutoring and Conversation Group
Please stop by Room 2351 for more information or contact
Angela Blair: firstname.lastname@example.org