Resources Available at the Library
Start at the home page: http://www.chabotcollege.edu/Library/
Have a Student Picture ID
to use the Student Computer Lab and to check out books, books on tape, and videos.
Library Catalog—Find books, videos, books on tape.
Articles—Ebsco Host (including Ebsco Espanol) and
other Databases. Use the pink half sheet to access most of our databases from
Online Subject Index—Click on Online Subject Index
and go to Languages and English as a Second Language for articles
and resources on the Web.
Web—Browsers and Babelfish. Netscape, Internet Explorer,
and Google in your native language. Babelfish does okay translations of pages
(for a computer).
Using Ebsco Espanol (have computer translate articles
to Spanish, French, or German):
- Go to Magazine, Journal, Newspaper Articles and More
- Click on any selection that begins with Ebsco Host
- Click on
- Select Mas Ultra for easy English reading level. Select
academic search premier for college reading level.
- Enter your search terms in Spanish, French, German, or
English, but use terms such as AND in between your terms.
- Click on title of article and scroll down.
- To change article that is originally written in English,
select the pull down menu on top to the language you want translated to:
- While the article would then be in another language (such
as Espanol), keep in mind that the translation will not be accurate.
- To compare English to Spanish, hit the Back button
of your browser to go back to English and then Forward to read the
article in Spanish
- To print any articles, go to File and select Print Preview
and then Print pages you want to print.