(Carefully follow the steps below):
1. Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 10:00 room 2258, Building 2200. One additional meeting will be held in May, 2016 time and date TBA. Program expectations will be reviewed. Registration for orientation not required. No student will be allowed in N70 Transition class without attending one of these sessions in December, or May.
2. If you are not currently a student of record at Chabot College, a Chabot College application must be submitted to the college prior to applying to the Advanced Standing Registered Nursing Program. This application can be submitted electronically by going to http://www.cccapply.org/Applications/California_Community_College/apply/Chabot_College.html
4. Print, sign and mail the Advanced Standing Application(Opens April 1) to Chabot College, Admission and Records, 25555 Hesperian Blvd. Hayward, CA 94545.54. Include a copy of your current LVN License and Healthcare Provider CPR card and official transcripts from all previously attended schools and colleges. Theses must be MAILED to Admission and Records, Chabot College. Hand carried transcripts will not be accepted. LVN applying for 30 unit (no-degree) option must also submit their high school transcripts.
5. To verify receipt of the official transcripts, go online to Class-web. Due to the volume of applicants we are not able to notify students individually if any information is missing.
6. LVN's selecting Option 1 or 3 and Advanced Standing students should make an appointment with a Counselor for a preliminary evaluation when your transcripts have arrived at the college. It will also be helpful for you to take the Advanced Standing Application with you when you meet with the counselor, who will evaluate your transcripts as it applies to your specific goals.
7. After evaluation of your transcripts, the application and transcripts will be forwarded to the Nursing Program Director. You will then be notified BY MAIL regarding your eligibility and courses required for you to enter and the program. Please allow 6-8 weeks for this process to complete.
8. After receipt of your letter from the Nursing Program Director, students wishing to enter the Nursing Program must complete all course or testing as outlined in their letter. LVN's will be required to enroll in Nursing 70 LVN to RN Transition Course. This course is a review of nursing topics including nursing care plan, nursing process, communication principles, and legal/ethical concepts common to the role of the registered nurse. It will explain the functions of the California Board of Registered Nursing and selected psychomotor skills utilized by the registered nurse in delivery of patient care.
9. TEAS test will be offered at Chabot College on June 22, 2015. 9:00 AM. Reservations will be taken after May 1, 2015. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note your student ID, full name and contact phone and email address.