(Carefully follow the steps below):
1. Complete one year of work as an LVN in the state of California or 500 hours of work under the LVN license.
2. Complete your pre-requisites; human anatomy, human physiology and microbiology must be 4-5 semester units with lab. Minimum GPA of 2.5 in sciences is required. Only one withdrawal, failure OR incomplete allowed in the all science courses combined.
3. If you are not currently a student of record at Chabot College, a Chabot College application must be submitted to the college prior to applying to the Advanced Standing Registered Nursing Program. This application can be submitted electronically by going to https://www.opencccapply.net/cccapply-welcome?cccMisCode=482
4. Request official transcripts from all previously attended schools* and colleges include those transcripts with your application.
6. Make an appointment with a Counselor when your transcripts have arrived at the college. To verify receipt of official transcripts, go online to Class-Web. It will also be helpful for you to take the Advanced Standing Application with you when you meet with the counselor, who will evaluate your transcripts as it applies to your specific goals.
7. Your overall grade point average (GPA) must be at least 2.0.
8. Take and pass the TEAS version V(5.0) with 62% Adjusted Individual Score. This test is offered at Chabot in May of each year.
9. Mandatory Orientation: Fall 2015 admission you must attend Tuesday, May 12, 2015, Room 2258, building 2200, 10:00 AM. No reservations are required.
* Transcripts from NCP and Unitek will not show on your Classweb Student Records listing of transcripts.