(Carefully follow the steps below):
1. Complete one year of work as an LVN in the state of California
2. Complete your pre-requisites; Human physiology and microbiology.
3. If you are not currently a student of record at Chabot College, a Chabot College application must be submitted to the college prior to applying to the Advanced Standing Registered Nursing Program. This application can be submitted electronically by going to http://www.cccapply.org/Applications/California_Community_College/apply/Chabot_College.html
4. Request official transcripts from all previously attended schools* and colleges to be sent directly to the Admissions and Records Office.
6. Make an appointment with a Counselor when your transcripts have arrived at the college. To verify receipt of official transcripts, go online to /class-web. It will also be helpful for you to take the Advanced Standing Application with you when you meet with the counselor, who will evaluate your transcripts as it applies to your specific goals. The application will then be forwarded to the Nursing Program Director (Room 2273).
7. Your overall grade point average (GPA) must be at least 2.0.
8. Take and pass the TEAS version V(5.0) with 62% Adjusted Individual Score.
9. Mandatory Orientation: December 10, 2013 10:00 am Room 3102 Or May TBA. No reservations are required.
* Transcripts from NCP and Unitek will not show on your Classweb Student Records listing of transcripts.