Chabot College Professional Development offers faculty, staff and administrators
support for planning or attending enrichment activities, workshops, conferences
and training. The Professional Development Committee plans Flex Days and events
throughout the year.
State Goals for Professional Development
Section 87150-87154 of the Education Code authorizes professional development
activities in the following areas:
- Improvement of teaching.
- Maintenance of current academic and technical knowledge and skills.
- In-service training for vocational education and employment preparation
- Retraining to meet changing institutional needs.
- Intersegmental exchange programs.
- Development of innovations in instructional and administrative techniques
and program effectiveness.
- Computer and technological proficiency programs.
- Courses and training implementing affirmative action and upward mobility
- Other activities determined to be related to educational and professional
development pursuant to criteria established by the Board of Governors
of the California Community Colleges.