Concurrent Enrollment Program
Concurrent Enrollment Description and Regulations:
Chabot College provides opportunities for high school students in
the 10th, 11th or 12th grade to enroll
in college-level, degree-applicable courses for advanced scholastic
or advanced vocational purposes.
Concurrent Enrollment Application Deadline
||May 20, 2016 - 1st 5-week
||June 6th, 2016 - 8-week
||June 13th, 2016 - 6-week
||June 27th, 2016 - 2nd
||August 1st, 2016
exception if these dates have passed. All requirements
must be met by deadline date.
To be eligible to participate in the program,
- Have written parental approval.
- Limit enrollment to advanced
scholastic courses. Enrollment in Physical Education
or basic skills courses will not be allowed. (Title
5 Regulations, section 55002)
- Be pre-approved by the Principal
and Counselor to pursue specific courses. (CA Ed
Code, sections 48800, 48800.5, & 488802)
Special Admission Procedures
Students should begin the process for concurrent
enrollment early. To enroll concurrently at Chabot College, follow
- Complete the Chabot College admission application online at
- Complete the (1) Recommendation for Concurrent Enrollment
and (2) Release of
Personal Information/Emergency forms.
- Submit your current High School transcript.
Students attending home school should also submit a
copy of their R4 Affidavits. (CA Ed Code, section
- Submit all required forms in one packet. Packets may be submitted in-person at
the Admissions and Records Office or by mail (Chabot College, ATTN: Concurrent
Enrollment, Admissions and Records Office, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA
- You will be sent a notification of the status of your recommendation.
If approved, you will be assigned a registration date.
If you are intending to take any Math, English, or Chemistry
classes or any classes with a prerequisite in Math or English, you
must take the Assessment test to determine your ability in college
course(s). Students are strongly advised to take the Math or English
assessment to determine their ability to benefit from college level
courses. For schedule, please visit
Assessment Center website.
English Department Policy
Concurrently enrolled students 16 years or older who have achieved
at least junior standing (or the demonstrated equivalent) in high
school may enroll in transfer/associate level English classes if
they score for English 1A on the English Placement Test and students
under 16 who have not achieved junior standing (or
demonstrated equivalent) in high school may not
enroll in English class at Chabot College. No concurrently enrolled
students may enroll in English classes below the transfer/associate
degree level (i.e. English 100 level classes).
Click here for full English Policy.
- Concurrently enrolled students will be permitted to enroll in no more than six
units or two classes per semester.
- Students will be treated as regular college students and are expected to comply
with all college rules and regulations.
- At the completion of the course, the student receives college credit.
- Students must arrange for their own transportation to and from the college and
provide their own books and equipment.
Enrollment fees are waived for students in the
concurrent enrollment program. The Health Services Fee of $15
for the Summer session and $17 for the Fall/Spring semester are
non-resident, and out-of-state students will be assessed tuition of
If you have any questions, call the Admissions & Records
Office, (510) 723-6700 or email