Left gradient
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements for admission?

To be eligible for Chabot College admission, the student must be at least 18 years old or have one of the following:
- U.S. High School Diploma
- General Education Degree (GED)
- California High School Proficiency Certificate

How do I apply for admission?

The application for admission is available online.

How much does it cost to apply for admission?

Chabot College does not charge an application fee.

Do I have to apply each semester?

No. Students who are enrolled for the current term are considered continuing students and even have priority registration privileges for the following registration period.

I took classes at Chabot but it has been awhile. Do I need to reapply?

Yes. If it has been more than one semester since you took classes at Chabot (or Las Positas) you must reapply before you can take another class.

What are the admissions requirements for International students?

Please visit the International Student Program page for admissions requirements.

What happens after I submit my application?

Once your application has been received, allow 24-48 hours for processing. Once your application has been processed, you can register online using CLASS-Web with your student ID number and PIN. See the Registration page for more information about English & math assessment, orientation, and program planning with a counselor.

What is my Student ID number? What is my PIN?

Your student ID number is used to access services on campus. Your Student ID number and PIN are used to log on to the online registration system, CLASS-Web. (CLASS-Web will accept your Social Security number, if you included this number on your application for admission in place of your assigned Student ID number as your User ID when you log on for the first time.) See the CLASS-Web FAQ for more information about using our online registration system.

What does it cost to attend Chabot College?

Please visit the Student Fees & Tuition page for information regarding cost of attendance.

What are your residency requirements?

In determining tuition/enrollment fees, students fall under the following two categories:

  • Residents: Those who have legally resided in California for at least one year and one day prior to the day before the first day of instruction of a new term.
  • Non-Residents (Out-of-State & International students): Those who do not meet the California resident requirements as outlined above.

How do I get information on the different programs you offer?

Please visit our Degree, Certificate and Transfer Programs page for the different majors of study offered at Chabot College.

Can I download forms from the web?

You can download commonly used Admissions & Records forms, such as transcript requests and fee refund forms from the College main page under "Forms & Apps".

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Please visit the Financial Aid FAQ page for information about student aid.

How do I request transcripts?

Complete a transcript request form and submit the form to the Admissions & Records Office. For more information or to download a request form, see the Forms & Apps page.

How can I get my grades?

Grades and unofficial transcripts for current and former students are available on CLASS-Web.

How do I find out about Distance Education/Online/Blackboard/Telecourses?

Visit the Distance Education website or call (510)723-7016.

How can I find directions to the campus?

See our Campus Map and Directions page.

What is my priority number?

If you are a continuing student, you can look up your priority number on CLASS-Web. New students do not have a priority number during their first term of attendance. Former students will have their priority numbers reinstated after they have completed a semester. Please visit our Priority Registration Determination page for information about priority numbers and priority registration.

Do you offer on-campus housing?

We do not provide dormitories or other types of college-sponsored housing. Housing information is available through the Office of Student Life.

Do you provide day care services?

Chabot College offers full day care to students, faculty & staff, serving children ages three months to five years. For more information, call the Children's Center at (510)723-6684.

What services do you offer someone who has a physical or learning disability?

Contact the Disabled Student Resource Center at (510)723-6725 or visit the the DSRC page for more information.

Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 10/13/2017