Submit a new Application for Admission
- If you have already completed an online application, continue to STEP
- If you prefer not to complete the online application, you can complete
the paper application (found in the Schedule of Classes) and submit
to the Office of Admissions & Records.
- If you have attended other colleges before returning to Chabot College,
have official transcripts from those schools sent to the Office of Admissions
& Records at Chabot College.
Complete English & Math Assessments
and Attend Orientation & Program Planning
- If you have not previously done so, we encourage you to complete assessment,
attend orientation or see a counselor to discuss your career or educational
- Your application must be completed at least 48 hours before you can
complete the assessment, orientation, and registration steps below.
There is no fee to apply for admission.
- The purpose of the English and math assessments is to assist you in
determining appropriate courses to take at the level equal to your current
academic skills. Enrolling in courses that are too easy becomes boring
and frustrating, while those that are too hard become discouraging.
- If you have taken an English and/or math course at another college,
or if you you took the English and/or math Advanced Placement exam and
scored a 3 or above, you may be exempt from the assessment process.
Come see a counselor to determine your English and/or math placement.
- Orientation provides students with important information on academic
requirements, registration procedures & campus support services
to help facilitate the transition into college and is designed to address
new students' questions and concerns.
- New, first-time in college students should attend the PSCN 25 orientation
class which offers assessment, orientation and program planning all
in one day.
Register for Classes Online
- Your application must be submitted at least 48 hours before you register
- Clear registration holds, if any.
- Make sure there are openings in the classes you have chosen.
- Make sure the classes you select do not overlap in times.
- Check to see if your classes have prerequisites, and make certain
you have met the prerequisites.
- Refer to the CLASS-Web
Registration Worksheet found in the Schedule of Classes. If
you are prevented from registering on the CLASS system, it usually means
that your application hasn't yet been processed. Try again the
next day. If you still encounter problems, contact the Office
of Admissions & Records at (510)723-6700.
Pay Registration Fees
- The College reserves the right to drop you from your classes for
- Check academic calendar for fee payment deadline.
- If the registration fee is a hardship for you, please fill out the Board of Governors Fee
Waiver Application form. If you are eligible, you will not have
to pay for any of your registration fees at Chabot. See the Financial
Aid home page at /FinAid for more information.
- Once registration fees are paid and if you elect to pay the optional
mailing fee, you will receive a confirmation mailer with your registration
validation sticker for the term.
- If you elect not to pay the optional mailing fee,
bring your registration receipt to the Office of Admissions & Records
for your registration validation sticker after you receive your Student
Prepare for the first day