Submit an Application for Admission
- If you have already completed an online application, continue to STEP
- If you prefer not to complete the online application, you can complete
the paper application (found in the Schedule of Classes) and submit
to the Office of Admissions & Records.
- Have high school transcripts and transcripts from all colleges you
have attended sent to the Office of Admissions & Records at Chabot
Attend Assessment Session
- The assessment center is located in building 700, room 714A. Please
visit the counseling assessment
webpages for schedule
information and study guides. If you do not have access to a computer,
you are welcome to use the computers in Student Online Services in
Building 700 on campus. When you have completed your assessments, you
will receive a matriculation passport with next step information about
the online orientation and group counseling appointment.
Register for Classes Online
- Your application must be submitted at least 48 hours before you register
- Review information given to you at your orientation and program planning
- Make sure there are openings in the classes you have chosen.
- Make sure the classes you select do not overlap in times.
- Check to see if your classes have prerequisites, and make certain
you have met the
- Refer to the CLASS-Web
Registration Worksheet found in the Schedule of Classes. If
you are prevented from registering on the CLASS system, it usually means
that your application hasn't yet been processed. Try again the
next day. If you still encounter problems, contact the Office
of Admissions & Records at (510)723-6700.
Pay Registration Fees
- The College reserves the right to drop you from your classes for
- Check academic calendar for fee payment deadline.
- If the registration fee is a hardship for you, please fill out the Board of Governors Fee
Waiver Application form. If you are eligible, you will not have
to pay for any of your registration fees at Chabot. See the Financial
Aid home page of the Financial Aid
Office for more information.
- Once registration fees are paid and if you elect to pay the optional
mailing fee, you will receive a confirmation mailer with your registration
validation sticker for the term.
- If you elect not to pay the optional mailing fee,
bring your registration receipt to the Office of Admissions & Records
for your registration validation sticker after you receive your Student
Get a Student ID Card
- To obtain your student ID card, bring your registration receipt and
another form of photo identification to Student Online Services in
building 700, 1st floor lobby.
Prepare for the first day