Career Pathways at Chabot College
We're building education pathways to in-demand careers
Career Pathways help prepare students for success in college, career and life by helping students to:
- Find a Way to Train for High-Demand Jobs, or
- Earn an Industry Certification, or
- Transfer and Continue your Education.
… creates clear curricular pathways to employment and further education
… helps students get on their path
… supports students along their path
… ensures that students are learning along their path
By blending theoretical knowledge with real-world application, Career Pathways result in relevant and rigorous personalized educational experiences that inspire students and prepare them for previously unimagined college and career opportunities.
Pathways Program Benefits
- Career Pathways are focused on high demand and well paying careers with better promotion opportunities and faster salary growth.
- Participate in hands-on Work-Based Learning (WBL) opportunities.
- Save time and money by following a sequence of career pathway courses and graduate sooner.
- Easier transfers to four-year universities.
- Earn valuable career certifications that allow you to enter the workforce sooner.
- Students beginning career pathways early can earn college credit while still in high school.
Students & Families
Career Pathways help prepare your high school student for success in college, career and life.
Graduate sooner • Save money
Focus on high demand and well paying careers
Easier transfers to four-year universities
Work-Based Learning (WBL)
Students take what they learn in a classroom and apply it in a professional setting.
Internships • Job-shadowing opportunities • Field trips
Attend guest speaking events by professionals
First Year Experience (FYE)
The Front Door to Pathways at Chabot College
FYE is transforming post-secondary education at Chabot College into a relevant and engaging experience, exposing students to previously unimagined college and career opportunities.
Career Pathways is made possible by
the Career Pathways Trust Grant
As a member of the East Bay Career Pathways, Resilient Youth. Ready to Learn. Ready for work. Ready for life. (R4), and the Eden Area Career Pathways Consortium, Chabot College is the recipient of Career Pathways Trust Grant funding from the California Department of Education. Through this funding, Chabot College is working with local K-12 unified school districts, court and community schools, ROP, community colleges, businesses, the Alameda County of Education, and technical assistance and professional development partners to build and strengthen career pathways in high-wage, high demand industry sectors.