Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS


Unlock the possibilities!

FEE Schedule

Frequently Asked Questions

Mobile Alert Features

Chabot Debit Card Activation Website


Why do I need to set my refund preference?

All students attending Chabot College and who have applied for financial aid will receive a card by mail. It is very important that students activate their refund preference upon receiving the card, to get their financial aid refund. If the student is eligible for financial aid, the amount of financial aid disbursed is called a "refund".  Upon receiving the card, the student sets their refund preference to set how s/he will receive the funds awarded.

What are my refund preference options?

There are three ways students may receive their refunds; Easy refund, ACH Transfer, and Paper check.

  1. If you select the Easy Refund, the money will be available within 24 hours, sometimes within minutes, on your Chabot Debit Card and free checking account.
  2. If you choose the ACH Transfer Preference, Higher One sends the ACH to the Federal ACH Clearing House.  With an ACH Transfer, it may take 2-3 business days for the transaction to be processed and made available to you by your bank.  To activate ACH please make sure your computer is connected to a printer to print out the ACH form you must mail to Higher One.

    • NEW Aug'14!! -

      HO has announced an enhancement to their existing refund preference selection process. Beginning Wednesday, July 30th, all students who select the "Deposit to another account" (ACH) refund preference will now have the option to submit their account information through a fully electronic process.

      Historically, selecting ACH required a student to print a paper form that could then be submitted via email, fax or mail to Higher One.  The paper form will no longer be required.  Replacing this paper process is a significant enhancement that adds electronic functionality while providing students with greater expediency and flexibility.

  3. If you choose the Paper Check Option, Higher One processes the check and prepares it for mailing (checks mailed are processed within the same or next business day depending on when the refund file was received.) With a check, the U.S. mail could take 5-7 business days.

How do I contact Higher One?

If you select the "Easy Refund" preference any online banking questions must be made to Higher One, not the Financial Aid Office. Customer Service Phone Number:

Customer Service Mailing Address:
Higher One, Inc.
25 Science Park
Box 201
New Haven, CT 06511 (Hours of Operation M-F 8am-8pm ET)
Automated Services Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Website: www.chabotdebitcard.com

Contact our Financial Aid Office if:

  • Need assistance setting up your refund preference
  • Need to verify your ID-must come in to the office
  • Order a Card (There is a $20 fee for replacement/duplicate cards)
  • Need assistance resetting your pin/password.

I Already set my refund preference, why have I not received my refund?

  • Your Financial Aid Refund will be available to you when:
  • Your Financial Aid file is complete and no pending unsatisfied requirements are pending
  • You have been awarded Financial Aid
  • You are making Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • You are enrolled in at least 6 units (Fall and Spring)

When you leave Chabot College

  • If you no longer will use your Chabot Debit Card upon graduation or transferring contact Higher One via phone immediately.
  • Closing the account will save you $19 Abandoned Account Fee HO assesses on accounts without activity in nine months or more.
Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 4/6/2016