Admission and Enrollment
All applicants for F-1 student status MUST provide the
1. Complete the
Standard Online Application
2. Download, print and submit the
pages PDF;requires Acrobat
3. Submit all other required application materials as
outlined in the checklist.
- $100.00 Non-refundable application fee payable to Chabot College (check or money order drawn against
a U.S. bank or use credit card authorization form in application)
- TOEFL Score (500+ PBT or 173+CBT or
61+ iBT), OR a 5.5 bandwidth academic score on the IELTS test,
OR iTEP with a minimum level 5,
OR completion of the ELS 109 course from an ELS Language Centers program, OR a minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 500 or
more from a private language school.
- Official transcripts from secondary schools and universities (minimum 12
years of education)
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility and Bank
Certification/Verification of Funds (dated within 3 months)
- Copy of passport
- Read carefully and sign the attached Student Contract.
- Proof of Medical Insurance (before or within 2 weeks of arrival in the
- Test of Tuberculosis (negative reading)
- Essay describing your background and goals
- Identification photograph (passport-size)
|For International Students Transferring
from another U.S. school to Chabot College Only:
following documents if you are attending another U.S. institution:
Standard Online Application for Admission
International Student Application (11
pages PDF; requires Acrobat
Copy of ALL prior I-20(s),
Passport, Passport U.S.Entry Stamp, Visa, and I-94
CERTIFICATION OF F-1 OR M-1
(INTERNATIONAL STUDENT) VISA STATUS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS. This form
needs to be filled out by your CURRENT school's'
International Student Advisor or Designated School Official
(DSO) and must show your last date of attendance. This form
will be emailed to you after the admission decision is reached.
All forms, information, and documentation must be filled out
entirely and submitted before your application can be evaluated.
International Student Program Office
25555 Hesperian Blvd.
Hayward CA 94545