Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS



To be eligible for acceptance, you must meet the following conditions:

Prior Education

Students shall provide evidence of having satisfactorily completed the equivalent of an American high school education (grade 12 completion). Evidence varies by country and may include forms, certificates or exam results. You must be at least 18 years of age. You are required to submit transcripts with your application (see below). Your transcripts will help your advisor assist you in planning your academic program. Please submit official, original transcripts or certified copies of your transcripts along with English translations, if they are not already in English. We must have your high school (secondary school) transcripts and transcripts from any colleges or universities you have attended since high school. (A transcript is an official document from your school showing all of your classes and all of the grades you received in your classes.)

English Language Competency

Chabot College requires applicants for admission from foreign countries to present evidence that they have sufficient facility in the use of the English language to insure proper progression in a collegiate course of study. To provide this evidence, Chabot College requires one of the following:

Students must demonstrate the ability to read and write English at a college level as demonstrated by:

  1. a score of 61 or higher on the Internet-Based Test ,Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 500 or more on their  Paper-Based Test. You may obtain information concerning the test center nearest you by writing: TOEFL Publications, P.O. Box 6154, Princeton, NJ 08541-6154 U.S.A. Telephone (609) 771-7100 or visit their website at http://www.toefl.org . Chabot College does not have information regarding the TOEFL test dates or locations. The TOEFL college code for Chabot College is 4725.   Please note the TOEFL requirement is NOT waived at Chabot College even if the student is from a nation where English is the primary language. 

  2. OR a minimum 5.5 bandwidth academic score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required.

  3. OR iTEP with a minimum level 5

  4. Students may begin ESL studies with private ESL schools then transfer directly to Chabot College after obtaining the minimum TOEFL, IELTS or iTEP scores and begin academic studies. To read more information about nearby private ESL schools go to /international/esl.asp.

Health Examination

Students must have a licensed physician certify immunizations as well as recent certification of negative TB. The certification may be completed by a licensed physician from your home country.

Medical Insurance

Because the on-campus clinic provides non-acute services, F-1 students must additionally show means of adequate medical insurance sufficient to cover hospitalization or acute care. The student must either present valid evidence of insurance coverage or agree to purchase a student health insurance plan at registration time. The cost is approximately $300-$600 per year depending on your age. Interested students may also inquire about voluntary dental or vision insurance coverage.

Financial Support

Students must show means of adequate financial support to the college and again to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You must submit one of the following:

  1. If you have a local sponsor providing room and board, provide a bank statement indicating a minimum of $8, 644 is on deposit to begin your studies A formal written statement from a bank certifying that the sponsor has sufficient funds on deposit to ensure full payment of expenses for the student's first year at Chabot College is required. A copy of a notarized Affidavit of Support Form (I-134), which your sponsor may need to submit to the U.S. Consulate. Please note that this financial information will remain strictly confidential.
  2. If you will not have a local sponsor and must also pay for room and board then $20,644 must be documented. A registered F-1 student may work on campus, but jobs are difficult to obtain. Permission to work off campus is possible only after a year and is severely limited by immigration. The College does not provide financial aid for international students.

NOTE: Tuition and enrollment fees are subject to increase each semester.  Acceptance is also subject to class availability.

Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 3/29/2017